Sport Bikes banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
You guys can't be serious saying the 300 is a "very good choice" for gobbling up highway miles, can you?

WILL it do it? ABOSLUTELY! And it'll do it just fine with no problems whatsoever... But you can't make an argument that it's just as good or better than a bike that was built & bread to consume miles for breakfast, lunch and dinner like a true touring machine.

I'd MUCH rather have some sort of touring or adventure touring machine for that kind of riding than a Ninja 300. More upright, higher eye level, better wind protection, luggage and an electrical system to support all sorts of doohickies, doodads and farkles like GPS, heated grips/clothing, etc.

Case in point: For Sale - Motorcycles | 2005 fuglystrada 1000S

I'd be all over that like white on rice if I had the means. WAY better than the Ninja 300 for spending 3 hours on an interstate.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
I'd MUCH rather have some sort of touring or adventure touring machine for that kind of riding than a Ninja 300. More upright, higher eye level, better wind protection, luggage and an electrical system to support all sorts of doohickies, doodads and farkles like GPS, heated grips/clothing, etc.
lol

I think what you're looking for is called a Miata, dude.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Funny enough, I've been half looking for one of those for a commuter car, but it's got two too many wheels to be a motorcycle. ;)

Street riding isn't all about laying down hot laps for me the way it used to be. That's why I have a dedicated track bike. Roughly 30 days on the track a year teaching or competing gets me my speed fix. At this point I'd rather have a sport or adventure tourer for the street. Would love my buddy's Multistrada that I posted above. Cruise all day, but still be able to rip up the corners with the best of em when the mood strikes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
After renting a Honda Rebel, I felt I outgrew the 250-300cc bike that same day. I was scared to take that thing anything that felt like a highway because there were roads that had highway speeds without being a freeway. So my areas were limited

I rented a couple bikes in the higher range of 600-1000cc.

Then decided to get the Ninja 650 because I initially wanted a Ninja 250, but then realized how small those engines are. It's an easy bike to ride and easy to stop and get going. It's stable on freeways and nimble for streets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My .02 was that my 250 was reasonably good for the highway at least around here in Tennessee. Plenty of comfort after an aftermarket seat and gel grips for long trips with my family (upward of four hours or so at a time). If you feel your motorcycle has been fine so far, it will probably remain so for your travels. Cheers and happy Easter!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
After renting a Honda Rebel, I felt I outgrew the 250-300cc bike that same day. I was scared to take that thing anything that felt like a highway because there were roads that had highway speeds without being a freeway. So my areas were limited

Then decided to get the Ninja 650 because I initially wanted a Ninja 250, but then realized how small those engines are. It's an easy bike to ride and easy to stop and get going. It's stable on freeways and nimble for streets.

Stop posting. You have no business giving any advise on motorcycles to anyone. Why don't you go continue trying to figure out how to put gas in your own damn bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts

Sstooooooopppppppp pooosssttiiinnngggg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts