Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm not going to tell the full story as to what's been happening with me and my...possible bike the past two weeks so I'll just copy/paste messages between myself and a guy that had been helping me track down my bike.

Cliff Notes Available! See End!

Derrik (Guy that's helped me)

hey man i race this little fucker almost everyday to work....bike just like the one your describing...i work at the airport an race him down i-40,going towards airways an he always gets off at the next exit...one day i followed him a while an then finally he noticed me an took off the opposite direction an got away from me...almost swear its the same,he had a silver cover an now its nothing on there....young black guy bout id say 25-28 in there.wheres a black an silver helmet..PM me back an i can try to set something up with you on it b/c i catch him an run with him on the interstate a good ways in my car....bout anywhere between 6-730 on the interstate...been doing it id for the last week ive seen him 4 times...hit me back man ill try to help you as much as i can

The Honorary Twinsen

So I made a stakeout yesterday from 5:55pm to about 6:15pm and had to go to class. But I told my dad about what you told me and I had him replace me and then I went off to class. Well, he didn't see him then, but today was a different story. My dad saw the guy you were talking about and got a little antsy. He saw the bike get into the intersection waiting for traffic so he could turn left like you said he would. When he saw him there, my dad got out into the turning lane waiting for the bike to come up. As soon as he came up on him, he got behind him.

I guess the guy on the bike thought something was up and made the first right he could, after the Burger King. My dad followed him. The guy on the bike then took off. My dad tried to keep up...but it's a 1000. It didn't take long for my dad to lose him, but the area he had turned into was our freaking neighborhood. No time before my bike was stolen had I ever seen a 1000 that looks just like mine come near our neighborhood. But anyway, when I had the bike, I still had driveout tags, but this bike had tags. Which could have been easily thrown on there from another bike. But my dad didn't get close enough to him to write the plates down. So that was all that happened.

This very well could be my bike...

Derrik

whered he see him at man?? over where i was telling you about?? just let me know man if he did infact go farther back in there b/c couple guys i live with live over there an i can talk to them maybe..

or did he see him where yall live at??

Twinsen

Millbranch. My dad was sitting in the Family Dollar parking lot waiting. Not sure the name of the street he turned into, but it was heading torwards Havenview Middle School.

Derrik

ill go down threw there tonight...b/c the guy seemed pretty cool racing me over an over,but i dont know if he thought something was up or not...but ill go down through there today or tonight an see if i can find him...i have 2 guys at work that live over there i havent said anything to them yet but i will an see if they will take me back into there to see if we can find them or if they know who he is,if anything really but i wont tell them that its stolen or anything like that...but he has balls man to be riding it all around everywhere knwing its stolen an everything,he brave,lol...ill try to find out more for you man...take care hopefully we can get him

Derrik

hey bro get this fucking shit man,i gotta ticket over on millbranch an brooks,wanna know why....dude on the bike pulls up along side me as im looking for him an says FUCK YOU an flips me off!!!! an takes off..tell me if that aint no shit..so i pursue a chase,which i wanna kill him now,an sure enough on the right hand side theres a cop WATCHING an sees me drop gears an tear all across the lanes to get him an pulls me over...let him go when hes doing 120 in a 40 an im doing 75...didnt even say shit to him an i gave him the story bout the bike an he didnt believe me!! then said oh well 3/4 of the bikes on the streets now days are stolen from somewhere outside tennessee..this happened at about 12:15 i told you id look for it an i was over there for about 2 hrs looking for him when he saw me an came up to me...dont know if hes being a dick or was just playing with me the,motorcylist,but im really getting his ass now...its on like donkey kong,OH YEA...im going back prob tonihgt in the same place an looking again..

Twinsen

(Note: this message got deleted somehow and but the jist of it was...)

Damn, that's fucked up. How much was the ticket? This bike has to be hot even if it isn't mine. But now he knows something is up and he'll probably lay low for a while now...ugh! Now I don't really know if there's anything we can do...

Twinsen
(Note: A few small conversation messages go by up to 07-17-04 where I don't hear from him...and then...today comes...aaaaand...)

Well, my dad ran into the guy on the bike finally today. He got close enough to get the tag number and said that the bike didn't have any scratches on it. Which easily could have been repaired/replaced. But he got the tag number and ran down to the police station to see who it comes back to. I found this all out through my mom when I got off work. So I don't know what happened after that yet.

Twinsen
(Note: Even better news after father returned.)

Damn, like 5 minutes after I posted the previous message, my dad came home. Although I didn't talk to him directly as he had to go right back out. But here's three VERY interesting things we found out:

1) The tag returned two bikes registered...I don't know what two bikes, didn't get to ask.
2) We got the address of the person who they're registered to. Don't know if the address is somewhere around here.
3) The police station offered MY DAD a job on the force.

Now that 3rd one came out of no where! They said he seemed intelligent enough and in good enough shape to be an officer of da law. I guess it helps that he's licenced to carry a gun and is ex-Navy. :D But this is some pretty good news so far. I'll have to get the address and run a map to see where the address shows. Then...it's time to scout for a few days and then attack...with backup of course. I only have 5 days to carry out my mission though as I'm going to Washington, DC next Tuesday. So...if you'd still like to help out with your "contacts" if the address is indeed around Millbranch...lemme know. And my word still stands if this is indeed my bike. You'll get some cheese after it's all over. ;)

_________Cliff Notes!___________
Guy has been riding around on a bike the looks exactly like mine, 2004 blue/white 1000. Rides regularly to the same location. The location happens to be minutes away from my house. Dad ran into him once and the guy speeds away. A guy that has been helping with this "case" ran into him and the guy litterally says "Fuck You!" (after being cool with the guy, racing him almost everyday on the interstate) and speeds away again. Dad runs into him again and gets the tag. Police runs the tag and returns two bikes registered. Got the address to the person it's registered to. Police offers my dad a job.

_________Cliff Notes!___________

So! We know the bike is illegal in some form since the tag showed two bikes registered somehow. We've now got an address. My dad has the support of the Po-Po. This guy is fucked. Lock n' load. :egrin :ar

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
hope you get ur bike back keep us posted bro

·
Registered
35 Posts
if the po-po ran the plates, got 2 registrations, got address, why is your dad having to track them down and do their job for them?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Have fun dude, but this guy/kid sounds like one of those crazy "I don't give a f--k" bastards who would have a gun and shoot you or your dad, and none of us want to see that happen. Let the police take care of the rest, you did the leg work, let them finish it off.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
yeh how can you have 2 registrations with a tag number? :dunno anyway, get the address off your dad, go stake it out and beat some ass. simple as that

·
Registered
212 Posts
report that to the cops man, f--k the vigilante justice. End up getting yourself or someone with you hurt. Be careful whatever it is you plan to do.

·
Registered
601 Posts
its crazy the guy has the balls to reside around your house with a stolen bike. If i stole a bike it would be painted ASAP and it wouldn't be one of my neighbors bikes. Oh well hopefully things work out well for ya!

·
Registered
457 Posts
better catch him soon before he dumps it for parts.. and hopefully he doesn't wreck it when the cops catch up to him... maybe catch him when he is parked

·
Registered
519 Posts
NitroR1 said:
report that to the cops man, f--k the vigilante justice. End up getting yourself or someone with you hurt. Be careful whatever it is you plan to do.
cops arent gonna do shit...they never do with stolen bikes. They guy always running away on the bike seems really wierd

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
hell ya!! go twinsen.. get that bike back!! .. which side of memphis u live on? the west side is bad side...

·
Registered
926 Posts
dude, keep us updated...im on the edge of my seat
:boid thieves

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a VIN number on the bike. Anyone have a current Car Fax account?

JS1GT75A232104900

What part of the VIN makes it a 2003? Up to A, mine matches. They say it's registered as a 2003. I haven't seen it myself, so I don't know if it's actually Blue/White or Blue/Black. We all know they made 2003 Blue/Black and not Blue/White. So...I dunno. Either way, the bike is probably hot anyway. Even if it isn't mine, maybe the bike has been reported stolen by someone else and they'll let me buy it for dirt cheap. :D

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Twinsen said:
We got a VIN number on the bike. Anyone have a current Car Fax account?

JS1GT75A232104900

What part of the VIN makes it a 2003? Up to A, mine matches. They say it's registered as a 2003. I haven't seen it myself, so I don't know if it's actually Blue/White or Blue/Black. We all know they made 2003 Blue/Black and not Blue/White. So...I dunno. Either way, the bike is probably hot anyway. Even if it isn't mine, maybe the bike has been reported stolen by someone else and they'll let me buy it for dirt cheap. :D
the 10th digit is the year and in this case the 3 shows it as being a 2003. the part between the j and the 3 should be just about the same on all 2003's, yamaha has a check digit and i think all do its the numbers after the 3 that are different for each bike.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha. We'll see what happens in the next few days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn, this sounds like an episode of COPS. I love it. Hats off to you, Twinsen, many people can't do much of anything when thier vehicle gets stolen, I'm glad you have a lead and are taking it. Good luck and I hope you get your GSXR back!

·
Registered
590 Posts
How'd you get the VIN? Is this the VIN on the guy's bike who you're chasing, or from your bike? Are you saying that the VIN doesn't match your's, or that this is the VIN that corresponds to the plate?

·
Registered
584 Posts
good luck with catching that bastard

1 - 20 of 145 Posts