Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, I took her into the dealer today...and at first the guy was telling me that the bar looked bent :rolleyes . So I explained that both grips touched the tank on either side.

It turns out that they had tilted the bar too far towards the rider. So, they adjusted it (fits much nicer now BTW) and viola...the front wheel can turn all the way without touching the tank, and I can lock the front now.

but, I just had to keep playing with it when I got home(putting the center stand up and down a couple of times)...and over she went

here's the victim, the rest of the bike is fine - luckily there were some boxes on that side to cushion the bike



yeah, that Heineken helped to ease the pain :beer

(edited for grammer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
mmmm keg can... sounds good right now. don't worry... you have to remove those mirrors for the track anyway. Now she can be your little track whore!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of that...but then it's going to be shorter than the other side...I have one on order already - at first, i was thinking about not replacing it and just ride with one only :banana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
parttime said:
I thought of that...but then it's going to be shorter than the other side...I have one on order already - at first, i was thinking about not replacing it and just ride with one only :banana
You should check with your state laws. Most state laws require 2 mirrors on a motorcycle. Where did you order from? You could check www.bikebandit.com, the sell a lot of OEM parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
CerebralAssassin said:
You should check with your state laws. Most state laws require 2 mirrors on a motorcycle. Where did you order from? You could check www.bikebandit.com, the sell a lot of OEM parts.
Ronayers.com as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
I had almost the same thing happen to me. The bike leaned up against a wall when parked, with the left mirror snapping off. A new mirror cost me about $50 installed.

Don't attempt to drill and refit the mirror. The aluminum stem is cast aluminum with very high brittleness. Any such mod/refitting will likely end in micro-cracks. Won't want to see the mirror fall off later at speed.

The FZ6 has a weird choice of folding angle - forward only. It might be for simplicity in manufacturing, and only intended for shipping purposes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
skeleton said:
The FZ6 has a weird choice of folding angle - forward only. It might be for simplicity in manufacturing, and only intended for shipping purposes.
Being able to fold the mirrors in is fantastically useful for lane-splitting. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
skeleton said:
The FZ6 has a weird choice of folding angle - forward only. It might be for simplicity in manufacturing, and only intended for shipping purposes.
Our mirrors fold?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Hmm.. Learn something new everyday here
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top