Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I rode with my friend last night since I haven't rode with him in awhile...he has told me that he is getting the ZX-9R and it's coming in this week!

When I had pulled up at the gas station where I was meeting him and some others..one guy says to me..."I don't know how you ride in that leather jacket...it's too hot!" I said, "well I would rather be hot and wash off sweat then have some nurse scrubbing my skin" :twofinger

My friend then says he took BACK his jacket because it's too hot. So he wears no gloves, no jacket, just a helmet (thank God!) and by next week will be on a ZX-9R :eek:

On top of that, I was riding behind him last night for a short time and he takes out his cell phone, flips it and looks at the screen and starts punching a text msg in WTH????? :eek: :alky (glad I stayed behind for awhile :)

I can't believe he's not even going to have proper gear in getting on this bike...I tried to tell him too... oh well......

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
sounds like a complete moron.......why would you wanna ride w/ him?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
If I were you Rsixxy, I'd stop riding with this guy. I think him going down is inevitable. Lets just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I shouldn't ride with him...this was the first time in about a little over a month...I made sure he was waaaay in front of me or rather I was waaaaaaaaaaaayyy in front of him!! But then he would try to catch up...you know can't have a girl passing you!! bahahaha :lol

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
when he crashes, i know the kid who is buying my zx7 will buy his motor and stuff.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Like I told you before RSixxy...make sure he writes you in his will first before he gets his bike

·
Banned
72 Posts
RACER X said:
sounds like a complete moron.......why would you wanna ride w/ him?
i wouldn't ride with you either with your kind of newbie attitude.

somepeopl are just stuborn. perhaps show the friend more crash/rash video?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
predator_zx10r said:
i wouldn't ride with you either with your kind of newbie attitude.

somepeopl are just stuborn. perhaps show the friend more crash/rash video?
The only way some people learn is by experience, and even then some still don't learn. Why would you not wanna ride with RacerX? Because he feels that this guy is a moron for starting on ZX-9R with no gear, texting someone on a cell phone? Yeah sounds like a model rider to me! :confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I make up excuses not to ride with people like that. I'm not a trained medic and I don't want to ask myself wtf I should do with a dying person at my knees (if I can avoid it).

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
bluevfr said:
I make up excuses not to ride with people like that. I'm not a trained medic and I don't want to ask myself wtf I should do with a dying person at my knees (if I can avoid it).
:lol The funny thing is I AM a trained medic, and I still don't ride with these guys. :twofinger

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wasn't all gung ho about safety gear when I got my bike, but I bought it anyway. My friend just got into a wreck on his month-old CBR600RR because someone was trying to yield and turn left on green and stopped in his lane while he was doing about 50! He had his jacket, helmet, gloves, etc. and now I'm all about safety gear. Saved my friend's ass, and it's not even destroyed after the wreck. The bike, sadly, is destroyed, but luckily the other guy was at fault and my bud's gettin a new bike. He also may get some compensation since he will probably miss his first year of college (he can't go through the physical training at Citadel due to a hairline fracture on his shoulder.) I think cars cause more bike accidents then bikes do. You practically have to drive FOR the other drivers! Oh yeah, and the guy who is talking on a damned CELL PHONE while riding a bike is retarded. It's annoying enough in cars, but on a BIKE? Please :brick

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Well numbers alone say the majority of motorcycle accidents are 1-person affairs, involving the rider going down for whatever reason (road conditions, speed, etc). These numbers were in 1999, but I don't see them being much different now.

·
Banned
72 Posts
firefighter81 said:
The only way some people learn is by experience, and even then some still don't learn. Why would you not wanna ride with RacerX? Because he feels that this guy is a moron for starting on ZX-9R with no gear, texting someone on a cell phone? Yeah sounds like a model rider to me! :confused:
because Racerx has attitude with newbies riding big bike. there is a different between not listening and giving attitude.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DFrat said:
I wasn't all gung ho about safety gear when I got my bike, but I bought it anyway. Oh yeah, and the guy who is talking on a damned CELL PHONE while riding a bike is retarded. It's annoying enough in cars, but on a BIKE? Please :brick

Glad you got some gear....good thinking! :)

Oh and he wasn't talking on a cell phone BUT TEXT MESSAGING!! uGHHHH some people :eek:

I did everything I could...really...and he is going to do what he is going to do. Experience is a hard teacher and I suppose he will be whipped by her sooner or later..I just hope when he is...that is not an extreme lesson but just something to kind of "scare" him into getting some sense!

·
Registered
706 Posts
predator_zx10r said:
because Racerx has attitude with newbies riding big bike. there is a different between not listening and giving attitude.
I have never seen racer give attitude. Just sound advice. He posts start small and take msf. He realizes the majority of the people will do what they want anyways, so I think he gave up arguing. It's pointless. I'm sure RacerX is just happy that you wouldn't ride with him. :a2

I apologize to you Racer, if I spoke out of place.

Sixxy, stay way back. Feel free to stay on him about getting gear. :chair

·
Banned
72 Posts
Bad Habit said:
I have never seen racer give attitude. Just sound advice. He posts start small and take msf. He realizes the majority of the people will do what they want anyways, so I think he gave up arguing. It's pointless. I'm sure RacerX is just happy that you wouldn't ride with him. :a2
im sure he's happy just as i am. he's giving more than just advice. he's brutal.

here's a question for y'all. at what point do you not consider newbie anymore?

1. after you crash and survive?
2. 1 yr?
3. 10 yr?
4. rode on track couple times?
5. under 30 yrs old?

if you rode dirt bike, harley, etc. for so many yrs do you still consider a newbie?

people go by # of yr alone is likely to misjudge.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Dirt riding and street riding are completely different. Like I've said before, I don't care if the doctor put you on a dirtbike the second you were born and you've been riding ever since, you are a still a newbie on a bike and need to get the same bike that someone who has never ridden anything before. The general consensus seems to say you aren't a noob anymore after about 2 years, after that you are a novice, after about 5 years of riding you are a good street rider. After a track school (not just trackdays) you are a well rounded performance rider. That's how I look at it. Age doesn't matter a bit, Rossi was a better rider at age 13 than I am now, and I'm no slouch around the track. Age doesn't have anything to do with skill, but for street riding there is a maturity level problem with most young riders.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not all young riders who lack maturity...my friend is 38...not a yougin' by any means compared to the majority of guys on bikes and their age...it boils down to....attitude and how big your ego is...those 2 things will get anyone in a heap of trouble quickly if they are out of hand!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'd refuse to ride with the idiot. Anyone who thinks riding a bike is a good time to send text messages is an idiot, it's that simple.

A friend wrecked last year while I was following him. He was riding over his head and missed a curve. Both his wrists were broken.

I don't want to be involved in a scene like that again. Stay away from this idiot and don't be there when he wrecks. He WILL wreck if he doesn't change his attitude.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts