Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to stick with my top choice and what many people recommended and I purchased a toyota pickup. its a 91 v6, extended cab, 4x4, w/ 135k, it just got serviced today, is getting new tires this weekend, and is getting painted next week. I still paid $6500 for it and i no the paint will suck but im still stoked to finally have a truck!! and for the picturn nazis, i will post them as soon as i get possession of it.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
You spent almost $7,000 on a used, Toyota pickup w/ 135K on the clock, that's almost old enough to vote and buy cigarrettes? You sir, were just :urowned!

:joke

Just seems like a high price for a vehicle that old w/ that mileage. What does KBB/NADA have for suggested values?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bought 5500, but then add tires and paint too. also ive been looking at truck trader for a few weeks and it sucks but what i paid is the going price

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
that seems like a high price to me too. did you look it up on kbb.com? i would have sold you my 93 explorer 4x4 for $7000 and it only has 88,000 mi...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah I would have sold you my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee with lower miles, and a brand new paint job (White Diamond - color of the Escalades) for cheaper than that 91 Toyota. Dang son...you should have waited and shopped around more.

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
A friend of mine has a '86 'yota 4x4 which he bought after it sat for 2 years and runs like a champ! Of course you have to go through the truck but aside from that, no worries - At least it's a 'yota :banana

Post pics of the truck when you get 'em :fiddy

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the truck, hope to see some pics soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Its a Toyota, fetches higher resale than its domestic counterparts, thats the going price on them.

However, that thing will last forever.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so much for pictures.... so the truck was supposed to get tires last weekend and paint on monday. i called the dealer on wednesday to check the status and he said after it went to service it was determined to be mechanically unsound and that they didnt advice purchasing the vehicle. so i got my deposit back but am just wondering was the BS or an honest car salsemen?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't get the yota the v6 engines had a head gasket recall; so if it hadn't been done on the truck the dealership could be tellin the truth. On the bright side at least you didn't get a truck that would give you problems if the dealership is tellin the truth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts