Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All kinds of things can happen between now and November. The one thing I want to happen most is for Hillary Clinton to finally shut up and go away. She had her shot, blew it, and doesn't seem to understand that it's time to move on. There will be all kinds of Trump gyrations, all kinds of twists and turns with Mueller, several more government finance showdowns that end in short term, inconclusive extensions of the unstable status quo, and plenty of recriminations all around. And, Hillary will pop up like a bad jack in the box, at the wrong time. If she would just go the hell away, the GOP would have to hate on Nancy Pelosi. They are good at that, and hating on somebody seems to be the only adjunct to their philosophy of cutting taxes on rich people and mortgaging the country for no particularly good reason. If they didn't find somebody to hate on, the mass of GOP voters who are going to get screwed by the upward distribution of money might actually notice they are getting screwed.

So, go away, please, Hillary.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Pelosi...She's the current target of the year for the GOP. What troble me is that a lot of Democrats are drinking the GOP propaganda Kool-aid. I'm no particualr fan of herd but I'd like to ask some of theo Democrats what they have on her that makes them openly come out against her continuing as Speaker if the Dems regain the House. As a manager she's the best speaker since Tip O'Neil. She can round up votes, she's a hell of a fundraiser, she comes out of a strong Democratic tradition. I mean, WTF?

Well, the answer is this: The GOP hates her precisely because she's goo at what she does. And they're using her age against her. They've been trying to kill her since she was elected Speaker in 2006 (?) THE GOP DOESN'T LIKE EFFECTIVE WOMEN!

Now they're on Liz Warren's case every day. And the Democratic smoke signals are that she's too polemic. WTF? And Kirsten Gillibrand, now, too. The deal is she sold Al Franken down the river. Bullshit.

I swear the Democratic Party could fuck up a two car funeral.

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
I hope they keep bashing women (D's in particular) from now til November. One or the odd dozen is sure to fly totally off the hook and just motivate folks more.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The female bashing from that side of the aisle is why I would like to see Amy Klobushar, Kamila Harris, or another somewhat younger woman head the Democratic ticket in 2020. If Tulsi Gabbard were a little older, I would put her in that group, but I think she's more likely in 2028, give or take. I'm less enthusiastic about Warren, not because there's anything specifically wrong with her, but because it's time for the changing of the guard. For the same reason, I don't want to see Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden. Both have their pluses, but it's time to move along. I don't want to see another Clinton or another Kennedy, no matter how good they may be.

As far as Pelosi, I certainly understand the Republican hatred. She's incredibly effective. She ought to be a person they admire, since she raised a zillion kids as a stay-home mom, and is now a grandmother. Yeah, she's rich. So what. They hate her because she gets things done, is ambitious, is tough as nails, and is female. Let's cut the bullshit and get right to the bedrock: At some fundamental level, life is all about plumbing, gender, and domination for the GOP. Pelosi isn't likely to be dominated by anybody and clearly has the ability to be dominant herself. That's terrifying to guys who aren't confident in their own manhood. Y'know, guys who need artificial penises like guns and big Dodge trucks and that kind of thing. That's a big part of the GOP for the time being.

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Warren ain't ever running for President, she's said it a gazillion times. After one Senate term, I wouldn't consider her part of any "Guard." If you're looking for a NE woman, how about Maggie Hassan?

Kamila would be frosting on the cake of another female candidate. Trump's head would asplode.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harris-Klobushar vs. Trump-Pence. Order of Harris-Klobushar doesn't really matter. Trump's head would asplode and Pence couldn't be in the room with either of them unless his wife was there to keep him under control. The popcorn machine would break down.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Kamila Harris? A liberal black lady? Oi!

Imagine Trump getting behind her and mugging for the camera like he did to Clinton during the debates. She'd turn around and kick him in the balls. :eek:nfloor.

But I'm thinking she's a little too green yet. OTOH, what the hell so I know? So was Jimmy Carter. And so was Obama, for that matter. I'm wondering if Mitch Landrieu might be getting ready to throw his hat in the ring. He keeps saying no but you know how that goes. He was on Bill Maher's show last week. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kamilla Harris too green? I wouldn't think so. And, I think she would be good at taking Trump inexorably apart, one preening molecule at a time. As an ethnically mixed and non-white woman, she's used to bullshit. Trump's bullshit is third rate at best.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Well, well!

Ryan takes a powder. I guess it's more fun being a gym rat than Speaker of the House these days.

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul D. Ryan told House Republican colleagues on Wednesday that he will not seek re-election in November, ending a brief stint atop the House and signaling the peril that the Republican majority faces in the midterm elections.

Mr. Ryan told the House Republican Conference that he will serve until the end of this Congress in January, which will mark 20 years in Congress. But his retirement announcement is sure to kick off a succession battle for the leadership of the House Republican Conference, likely between the House majority leader, Kevin McCarthy of California, and the House majority whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana.

It could also tr***** another wave of retirements among Republicans not eager to face angry voters in the fall and taking their cue from Mr. Ryan. As if on cue, Representative Dennis Ross, Republican of Florida, announced his retirement an hour after Mr. Ryan.

Mr. Ryan’s intentions were first reported by Axios.

Mr. Ryan’s decision to quit caught many in the party by surprise. He had just hosted a donor retreat last week in Texas and most officials believed he would not leave until after November. Linky

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTF!!!

Paul "fraudulent policy wonk" Ryan is stepping down? Now that he's fucked the deficit all to hell and proven once and for all that his concern about the deficit was all about partisan gain and that he would sacrifice the good of Americans on his ideological altar, I guess his work is done. I'm disappointed. I was hoping the Iron 'Stache would whup his sorry ass in next fall's elections. That would be sweet comeuppance.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
What is it about Republican Speakers? The last three Speakers:

Hastert - Doing time for diddling with little boys.

Boehner - (btw, proper German pronunciation is "boner") - The great advocate for stiffer drug laws in now a lobbyist for the marijuana industry, claiming his views "have evolved." (I ask: possibly for the paycheck?)

Ryan: The iron pumping, great Irish Catholic from Janesville, WI and his upside down Robin Hood-ism takes a powder as the sheet is pulled of the corpse of the federal budget, explaining it be saying he misses his kids! Right. Sure. His next employer with probably be the finance industry. He'll be shilling for the Kochs or someone like them. All the while we all pay for his congressional retirement.

FUCK!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts