Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speechless after the attempts to maim me today. As I left home the first major intersection I got to was partly covered with nails. I $h!t you not a case of nails had fallen out of a truck and spread across three of the five lanes. Luckily I was in a nail free lane. Some jughead was out there with a BROOM in 5 o'clock traffic trying to remedy his screwup, er nailup. Note to self, avoid this intersection for the next week. Not five minutes later I'm sitting at a light in another intersection. This time it's covered in GRAVEL and SAND on all corners. And I'm waiting to turn left. Note to self, levitate home and avoid all roads. I was looking out for the inevitable oil slick but they must be saving that one up for later.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Lol, an intersection full of nails.

I'd laugh so hard if a line of cars drove by at 45, all of them having 4 blowouts, and then watched them spin out into the forest.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
at least the guy was trying to clean up his mess rather than just leaving it there

·
Registered
944 Posts
21 natas said:
at least the guy was trying to clean up his mess rather than just leaving it there
+1
I got a flat in the cage the other day, took it to the shop and had 4 damn nails in it, and freakin Nitto's aint cheap.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
I remember riding one farm market rd once. I came upon a long straight away, half way thru it I notice something big & brown, My first thought....... a big ass cow....
as I slowed & my eyes focused, it was a big ass couch!. :eek:

Crazy

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
okie said:
I remember riding one farm market rd once. I came upon a long straight away, half way thru it I notice something big & brown, My first thought....... a big ass cow....
as I slowed & my eyes focused, it was a big ass couch!. :eek:

Crazy
:eek:nfloor

I've seen nails before, but never a damn couch.

Also seen bricks, lumber (2x4's and plywood both), and animals.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Shit man, when I ride to work I have to dodge All the stuff that falls off dump trucks. I was on the highway next to Yankee Stadium and a damn boulder fell off the back of the truck. It almost killed me and a few cars behind me. My biggest problems though are the huge friggin holes in the roads over here. If I remember I will take a picture of this on piece of road, you have to see it to believe it!!.

·
www.getrenegade.com
917 Posts
I was carving some turns a couple years back in my Z28 (real curvy back road late at night) and came around this corner and WHAM! a bumper pool table was on it's side in my lane! WTF! I had to swerve off onto the shoulder doing some nice cosmetic work to the gfx but nothing like if I had it that damn table! Lesson learned though of course and I stopped and moved it out of the road.

·
Registered
361 Posts
several years ago, I had a folding chair fall off of the top of a motorhome and I had no choice but to hit it. Fucked up the front bumper a little bit and dented the radiator (luckily there was no perminent damage)

then a few years ago, I was driving a rental car at dusk, tired from driving all day, I came upon a pallet in the road. I didn't have enough time to react and clobbered the thing with my rental Mazda (had the full insurance) Sent pieces of wood through the radiator, and also bent the shifting mechanism on the automatic transmission, so that it would only go in first gear. The nearest exit was like 5 miles away, I had to drive this thing bouncing it off the rev limiter in first gear with no coolant to the exit, needless to say, that it died shortly after I got off the expressway. Luckily I called Hertz, explained what happened and because I had the full insurance, they brought me a replacement inside of one hour

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have to keep your eyes open at all time. Don't get too relaxed just because it's a highway. Here's some of the crap I've encountered while riding on the highway.

> Cardboard boxes that blew off the back of garbage truck
> Piece of wooden block of 4x4. I don't even want to think about what would happen to me let alone front rim getting jacked up.

The funniest thing I've ever seen was four lane highway covered with hundreds of pineapples in Hawaii. I was on my way home from work and the highway was just littered with pineapples. Traffic jam for an hours with some of the motorist were out on the highway to help driver pick up pineapples. Others were just kicking them out of the way into the curve, as if they were playing soccer.

Good thing the police were there to direct traffic. You just don’t run out in the middle of highway when you have cars barreling down the highway behind you, but that's "Kama'aina" for you. I was on my motorcycle so I was able to maneuver around pineapples and get the hell out of there.

Then there were many pineapples that was crushed from cars running over them when they were following the truck. Looked as if the raggedy truck was overloaded with boxes of pineapples and the straps broke. One side of the rails broke loose and was laying on the highway. The driver got some explaining to do when he get back.

On my way home I'm laughing, as a joke "Well, I guess there will be a shortage of pineapples in stateside or it's going to be really expensive. :lao

For about a week that section of the highway smelled like pineapple upside down cake from all the crushed pineapple juices. I have to tell you though, there’s nothing like the smell of fresh crushed pineapples in the air. :)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Hitting the twisties a few years back in cottage country. Right in the middle of a curve was a TENT that had fallen off of a truck. Luckily it wasn't in my line but was close.

·
Registered
708 Posts
In high school we were running down 290 outside of Chicago by Elmhurst and we hit a rocking chair that was sitting upright in the lane. We had some explaining to do since we jacked up my friends parents station wagon. Nothing like the "O Shit" factor of hitting something when you've only had your liscence for a few weeks.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I ran through a storm of copier paper on the highway. A trashtruck or something of the like dropped a box of paper on the highway. It pretty much exploded and threw paper everywhere. It was like a smokey NASCAR wreck where you really don't know to go high or low.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
A couple of nights ago a buddy and me were hitting some back roads, now mind this is TN and is great to practice your lean angle on, right in the middle of a banked switchback was the biggest damn rabbit I have ever seen....lets just say a Katana will lean harder than you think!! A few years ago I worked for a county sheriff's dept. and was responding to a shooting and I was running the lights and sirens and some high speeds. Well I turned a bend in a road that I have driven every day since I was 15 (with a permit) and right in the road was a row of friggin tobacco trailers!!! For those not familiar with these things they hang tobacco stalks on the them when they cut them from the field to tranport them to smoke barns, these are made of steel pipe and look like the skeleton of full trailer....all sharp ended posts!! Hitting one of these would have surely sent the post(s) into the driver compartment of the car and possibly me too.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
My most suprising was a huge sheet of heavy packing plastic could have been 10x10 swirling in LA traffic crosswind filling an entire lane, mine, ready to engulf whatever vehicle came it's way. I didn't have much riding time under my belt but suprised myself with my rapid evasive manouver that came with out thought. Only afetr the fact did my heart rate rise as my conscience mind processed what just happened. The thing was like a freeway jellyfish. Drove home how exposed a biker is and that things that don't even register with 4 wheels could kill you on two.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
killernoodle said:
Lol, an intersection full of nails.

I'd laugh so hard if a line of cars drove by at 45, all of them having 4 blowouts, and then watched them spin out into the forest.

I'm sure you would... especially if you were one of them. :rolleyes

·
Registered
217 Posts
What about a daredevil death squirrel?! What ya'll know about those? :p

Me and a buddy were riding up in the mountains, and I was following him, right before a tight left hander, there is this squirrel running back and forth in our lane. I swear he sees us coming and decides to do a STUNT! He's bouncing back and forth like a boxer, then he goes IN BETWEEN my buddy's tires! WTF!?! I was laughing so hard I could barely hold my line thru the corner!

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
The worst was in heavy traffic moving about 55-60 mph a truck lost a king size mattress in the middle of a merge area where I10 meets 610 outside of New Orleans. Had a friend in a mustang following me... I saw it but could do nothing (well I could have mashed my breaks but I would have gotten rear ended) So I hit it. As I hit it it rolled up under my truck and shot out the back over traffic as it unrolled. nice...

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
21 natas said:
A month or two ago, a guy in Denver dropped a whole case of nails on the highway here. About 16 cars punctured one or more tires. the guy pulled over, swept up the nails, gave rides of all the affected drivers to the nearest tire shop, and paid for all their repairs.. That man stepped up.. BIG TIME

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
On a familiar road in a car but unfamiliar on my bike I ran onto a freshly graded road. You know when the machine strips off the top layer of asphalt to lay down some fresh stuff. The grade lines run the lenght of the road and once my tires hit, it felt like the bike was floating. I just grabbed the clutch and coasted through it. Scared me a little.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts