Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
since they are clearly going to be marketed as being easier to install and remove than something like Mattracks, I want to see how easily they go on and come off.

which can apparently be seen in another video. hm.

edit: the ramps from the installation video scare me. the front end of a dodge halfton is not terribly heavy. and they did not like that thing at all. Also, bumper clearance is an issue. still, they look cool indeed. cost is probably prohibitive.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
if you're going through fields of snow and muskeg, turning radius is secondary in your mind anyway.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
The same should be said anytime a full sized pickup is driven.
No real arguments. My Leaf sprung F250 had the turning radius of a jetliner while in 4wd, and honestly, the amount of rats asses I gave were very minimal.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I didn't know 4x4 came with leaf springs....what year?

I'm the same but i have to watch all sorts of city idiots witg shiny pretty trucks pretend like its a ******* mercedes. Im being tempted with a 77 ford with a 390...in original condition from the sec i nd owner.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
the super duties used leaf springs from the days of the 6.9 right up to I think 2003 when the 6.0L came out. they ran a split beam axle and leaf springs.

About the harshest suspension imaginable, but right up until 1993 or so they still used kingpins instead of balljoints. Tough as a keg of hardened nails.

as for this: I see that you need a rear locker (I shoulda guessed this) and preferably a front locker as well to run these. that's not cheap if you aren't running a chevy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts