Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I’ve taken my cbr 600fr2 to bits and I am currently rebuilding, now on the fuel tank there is a little male bit sticking up where fuel comes out and connects to picture two there the fuel pipe is just above the white Tank and the pipes runs down into picture 3 but for the life of me I don’t know where it connects... any help please would be grateful appreciated

·
Registered
168 Posts
The tank has two lines coming off it that are not fuel lines. One is overflow and the other is a vent line. Normally both of those lines are next to each other and trail down under the bike, just open at the bottom end. Looks like Pic three is your missing hose that has fallen down. Slide it back up and re-attach it to the nipple on the tank and you're golden.

If the hose you're holding in pic three is the same one in pic two, just connect it to the male barb on the fuel tank and you're good. Ignore the following. If they are two separate lines, see below.

The open line in pic two that is on top of the white coolant tank is probably not a fuel line, but a coolant overflow line from the reservoir that usually runs down to under the bike too. Try to aim it off to the side so any overflow coolant doesn't dump right in front of your tire. You should be able to trace that line to the other end. It's possible that line runs from the radiator, near the cap, to the white overflow reservoir.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
First of all your bike is not a F2, it's either a F4 or F4i. As Eric has said the two lines on the left of the tank are a vent and an overflow that will just hang free under the bike. The other line, with the T, I really don't know what it is, can you follow it and see where it connects on both ends?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I thought it must attach to the male barb but just wasn’t sure if it needed connecting to anywhere but now I know it has a breather pipe and a overflow pipe. So I only brought the bike a few weeks ago and it was listed as a cbr 600 fr Rossi rep and under the rear seat it says the bike is a cbr 600fr2? Don’t know much about the different models but from what I’ve seen and read I thought it was also an f4 and looks more like the RR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts