Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wear a uniform at work? If so, is it comfortable, how does it lokk, do you care about it?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yes, yes, passable, not really. Have to wear it at work or I don't get to work :(

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Not really. I have work clothes.

they are comfortable, they make me look like a carpenter, no I don't really care how they look.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Nope. Sadly there is a dress code though. Gotta wear non-jeans and a collared shirt M-T, and Jeans and T-shirts are allowed Fridays, and days when I'm out in the field.

·
5,455 Posts
i'm in an office environment so i have to wear collared shirt, no jeans, and dress shoes. i have never had a pair of comfortable dress shoes though so i wear Pumas and have gotten away with it so far!

if i'm in a plant i need steel toes and can be more casual.

one of the few things i miss from my old job was being able to wear jeans and a hoody to work.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
Do you wear a uniform at work? If so, is it comfortable, how does it lokk, do you care about it?
Yes; Sure, it's just a company polo; Like a black polo with my company's patch on it; I care enough to wash them regularly. I have four that I've had since I started with the company 2.5 years ago and they all look pretty much brand new.

Though the long sleeve ones are too short in the sleeve so I don't actually wear them unless the short sleeve ones are in the wash.

Edit: Pants are technically uniform as well but it's just black khakis so I wear my own. Though there's a standing offer to buy me a short stack of 5.11 Ripstops any time I want them.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i'm in an office environment so i have to wear collared shirt, no jeans, and dress shoes. i have never had a pair of comfortable dress shoes though so i wear Pumas and have gotten away with it so far!

if i'm in a plant i need steel toes and can be more casual.

one of the few things i miss from my old job was being able to wear jeans and a hoody to work.
Try Doc Martins. They're expensive, but they're comfy as hell.

Dr Martens VINTAGE 1461 BLACK QUILON - Doc Martens Boots and Shoes

You can usually find them for about 100 bucks. I've had this pair going on 6 years I think. I'm about due for a new set though.

That being said, we're business casual so no jeans, collard shirt, no tennis shoes although I've been known to sport a pair of black vanns around the office. As long as HR doesn't see you, you can generally get away with it, but I prefer the doc martins.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I love wearing a uniform to work, its saves wear and tare on my own clothes. I also have shoes exclusively for work.

on a side note I think its funny how we as a culture view the professionalize of others based on the fabric they have on...its all just fabric and leather to me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yup. Airline pilot uniform. It's reasonably comfortable. Looks like crap because I'm usually up at some ungodly hour of the morning getting ready. I try to care about it at least a little.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep, Have to
Not really, Would prefer going back to coveralls.
Looks like crap after a oilbased mud bath
I try, but it ends up looking like garbage in the end anyway.
Ah, The perks of the oilfield..

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
absolutely, sometimes, awesome (but better if some of us had a vote), and yes.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Uniform fetish or holster sniffer?[/QU

No uniform fetish, I am a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, so I doubt I am a holster sniffer, since I probably know more about the guns an officer carries than he does. I was simply asking if anyone wore or cared about the uniform they wear. I did not specify if they were only LEO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, theyre ACUs so the feel like PJs imo. I think they don't look really professional, but theyre easy to take care of. Just wash/dry and theyre ready. Velcro is annoying though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts