Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to ride a unicycle??

I had a chance to get one for free, so I jumped on it. I have NO CLUE how to ride one, so I'm assuming that I will probably end up severely injured.

However, I will make sure to get videos of said sever injuries occurring to share with everyone here.

So, if there is anyone that knows how to ride one, care to give me any tips????

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had one years ago and got pretty good on it. There are guys that ride on Mtn bike trails on those things! The way I learned was I found a tetherball pole and rode around it while holding on until I had the balance down a bit. It takes a while, but it's fun once you get it.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
+1000000 on wearing your gear. You may want to wear an old helmet though cause I'm guessing you'll knock your head. I would :D

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
There are even guys who mountain unicycle. I saw one on the local trails here. Craziness! He said it only takes like 10 minutes to learn though and you basically ride around looking like you're grabbing your sack. So its cool in that respect.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Don't be a squid!

Hurry up and get rid of your chicken strips too:D

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I used 2 methods to learn. I hung a rope from the ceiling in my garage and learned to sit and balance it. Once, I got steady on it, I carried canes with me to help balance while riding. Get some elbow and head gear.

Only tip I can offer...always lean forward...don't lean back

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
^^You're 3 wtf do you know.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
stupid 3 year olds always think they know everything! pffffff!!!!!!!!!!!

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Almost as bad as blaxx thinking they know shit

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
There are no words to describe what I just watched
LOL! Bikerfox is awesome, just do a web search and you'll turn up plenty of shennanigans. Just a little sample:

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
dude, watching those gnarly unicycle videos is making me miss mine! :boink

I learned by using some crutches at first, and riding down my driveway so i could concentrate on just the balancing and not have to worry as much about the pedaling.

Good luck!!!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It should be here this afternoon.

It's shitty outside though, so I will probably have to try messing with it in my basement...but I don't know, the ceiling down there might be too low.

Either way, if you guys don't see me posting for a few days, it's because I've already hurt myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts