Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another message board and thought that this was such a tragic loss for the father.....

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
That is terrible...imagine the guilt the father is going to have to deal with now...not that it was his fault in any way but you know he will feel like he was responsible somehow... :(

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's such a shame, one poor decision and poof your gone. I feel for his parents.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
F2 600 Guy said:
man wut the hell was that kid thinkin? now his mom and dad will have to live with it and hes dead. RIP
Unfortunately, he was thinking like a 13/14 y.o. My sympathies are with his family.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, he was thinking like a 13/14 y.o.......
The unfortunate thing is that there are a lot of teens who do things without thinking of the consequences....perfect example how about this guy....

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
I just hope that this wasn't the first time he rode that bike. Seems like he was skilled enough to ride and surely he didn't learn that on his own. Maybe Dad gave him some lessons without enough warning not to go on his own. I know a lot of parents whose negligent attitudes border on the criminal.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Why do they have to call out sport bikes? How about bikes? Just motorcycles. Why can't they just say "motorcycles" in one these stories. I hate reporters/editors/press like this that sportbikes out for no reason. :bitchslap

Princeton's father is a competitive racer. His mother told authorities and Local 2 that they had both warned their son about the dangers of sport bikes.
RIP though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
mikem317 said:
Why do they have to call out sport bikes? How about bikes? Just motorcycles. Why can't they just say "motorcycles" in one these stories. I hate reporters/editors/press like this that sportbikes out for no reason. :bitchslap
They didn't even say what it was, 600, 750 or 1000. If they are gonna point out it was a sportbike they might as well say what it was...

It's too bad about him though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Required by law or not, people, espeacially parents, should stress how important a helmet and proper riding gear are before even getting a motorcycle. RIP kid.

·
Registered
471 Posts
while im 26 and dont live at home.. i keep my bike in the garage of my moms house, where my 12 year old brother also lives... I always make sure to take the keys with me because I know how kids think...

sad story..

·
Registered
200 Posts
FloridaMike said:
while im 26 and dont live at home.. i keep my bike in the garage of my moms house, where my 12 year old brother also lives... I always make sure to take the keys with me because I know how kids think...

sad story..
Exactly. I always leave my 636 key in the ignition because I know there's no children at my house and no one is dumb enough to take my 10,000 dollar bike for a joy ride. It's easier for me when I've got all my gear on to just start it up without fishing for keys, and I'm less likely to lose it.

However with my stuntbike, I keep the key on my car and house ring, because I know someone might come over and think, well it's a POS and has an engine cage on it so even if I didn't wreck it I can't hurt the bike. I don't care if you hurt the bike or not I don't want someone with no motorcycle experience riding a 15up 600cc sportbike.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Noltonr said:
Sad stroy this happen two blocks away from my house and i seen that boy riding a dirtbike eariler that day :(

I was wondering if someone locally was going to post up. I wonder if the dad is on here?

RIP

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
Meh2u said:
Who leaves the keys to a sportbike at home with an unsupervised teenager?
most parents can gauge what their kids will and wont do, based on how they act, previous problems/or lack of them, etc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts