Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of an undertail exhaust? Looking at the 250 there looks lke ther might be enough room.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wheels.......

Man, I dig those red rims too, they look anodized.

They would not work on my GT250R, but on the yellow or black models I bet they would look cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad looking undertail exhaust. So at least now we know it can be done. If it can be done on a 650, then I'm sure it can on a 250. Thanks for the find TXGRIM!

·
Registered
154 Posts
i just bought a D&D muffler and it didnt fit in all the way on the exhaust. it was about an inch gap. the end of the exhaust was litte too wide. like a nob at the very end. should i just cut little bit of it off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Labi,

Did you end up getting your D&D to fit correctly? I am considering buying one too. Although, if it doesn't fit, what's the point!? Do you have any pics?

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really? The D&D slid-on I am looking at has a 2" inlet, the ones that you posted here are 55mm, or 2" also. Is there something else I am missing, besides the inlet, that would cause one not to fit?

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Really? The D&D slid-on I am looking at has a 2" inlet, the ones that you posted here are 55mm, or 2" also. Is there something else I am missing, besides the inlet, that would cause one not to fit?
Bolt-on and slip-on mufflers are two totally different animals. The "bolt circle diameter" measurement of the bolt-on design doesn't correlate with the inlet size of the slip-on. Plus, 55mm doesn't actually equate to 2 inches. Then, you've got the issue of the bolt flange, which would mean having to cut the exhaust off ahead of the flange.

If you look at the exhaust, you'll find that it isn't completely round at the point at which it would have to be cut. This means you wouldn't have a proper fit, even if the OD of the exhaust matched up with the ID of the slip-on. But, I suppose you could always make up the difference with exhaust cement. I wouldn't recommend it, though....

:beer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great information Robert! I really appreciate it! It's a bummer, I was hoping to get a used can in good condition without having to pay a couple hundred! Oh well, them's the breaks!

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Great information Robert! I really appreciate it! It's a bummer, I was hoping to get a used can in good condition without having to pay a couple hundred! Oh well, them's the breaks!
Yeah, I had the same thought as you, it's just been a while since then. I researched the h-e-double-toothpicks out of it. I even talked to people about potential bolt-on interchanges. People at companies like Yoshimura, Scorpion, and Micron....

:beer

·
Registered
154 Posts
Labi,

Did you end up getting your D&D to fit correctly? I am considering buying one too. Although, if it doesn't fit, what's the point!? Do you have any pics?
i did put it on. i cut about two inch off of the pipe though. your purpose to, i learned. i do have pics. but i guess it's a little different on 250s then. said from hunter. take a look on mine anyway to see looks. i think it makes my bike look a little better than the manufacture one. tell us what you gona do on yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put a 600RR undertail exhaust on my Hyosung GT250R last week. It looks great, and sounds great too. I'll post some pictures of my bike Thursday. Does anyone know where I could get some good lookin turn signals for my bike?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just put a 600RR undertail exhaust on my Hyosung GT250R last week. It looks great, and sounds great too. I'll post some pictures of my bike Thursday. Does anyone know where I could get some good lookin turn signals for my bike?
mine are black and square in the front. they blend perfectly with the bike. hyos have very edgy shape body so... yeah thoes orange egg shape blinkers definitely got to go.

·
That guy
35 Posts
Ever get any pics?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts