Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out washing my bike today and noticed that the paint at the middle front corner of the oil filter side of my has chipped. It was probably a nice sized stone that did it or something like that.
Anyway, since it's the engine I can't use normal touch-up paint cause of the heat. Anybody know what I can use to keep it from chipping even more ... maybe even cover it up???

·
Registered
858 Posts
greatzippy said:
I was out washing my bike today and noticed that the paint at the middle front corner of the oil filter side of my has chipped. It was probably a nice sized stone that did it or something like that.
Anyway, since it's the engine I can't use normal touch-up paint cause of the heat. Anybody know what I can use to keep it from chipping even more ... maybe even cover it up???
Maybe try automotive engine paint since it can handle the heat and the color match may not be to bad since silver is pretty common.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Zippy, here's an idea, Harley-Davidson now paints there silver looking engines instead of bead blasting. The paint is available at your local HD dealer. It is not cheap and I would take a piece from the bike to match to one of the bikes on the floor. And since it's engine paint, heat will not be an issue. Let me know if it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts