Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a new jacket and can't decide between the alpinestars tz-1 or the teknic lightning. I just wanted some help with the choice. So if anyone has any opinions about either or both jackets it would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got the Teknic Lightning and I love it. It's my first leather jacket so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it's got decent armor and you can't beat the $140 price tag from newenough closeouts.

The venting is decent when you're moving and at a stop, the VA humidity isn't too bad. It does get hot, but it's bearable.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flatout said:
Give me a call and i'll get you setup on either. Honestly you can't go wrong on either depnding on size it might be hard to get now as some are on backorder. Call me up and well see what I can do for you.
Slava

cool, I will give you a call once I decide which jacket I want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Haha, you ask which suit to get and two people offer you to sell you theirs.

The TZ1 seems like a great jacket and its made by A*. If the prices are equal, def go with the TZ1

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I just got a Lightning, 2004 model, and I like it so far. I has nice features and quality.
It has been cold around here lately and I was getting cold in the jacket so, it should be nice if it warms up again.

Good thing I got it a little on the big side so I can wear a sweat shirt under it.

I saw them on Kneedraggers for $250. I paid a little more at the local place because I wanted to support them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The lightning is a decent jacket for the money. They seem to run a bit tight in the chest area. I have an older lightning in a 48 and it seems smaller than my Joe Rocket 48.

·
Registered
108 Posts
go with lightning :) too many ppl have tz1s :-D

but the tz1 is a really great jacket, leather is awesome and the armor is thick, zippers are heavy duty as well, absolutely love it

·
Registered
13 Posts
The TZ1 is a far superior jacket in both quality, thickness of leather, suppleness of leather and stitching.

I own both so I know.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xnopix said:
The TZ1 is a far superior jacket in both quality, thickness of leather, suppleness of leather and stitching.

I own both so I know.

That sure helps my decision. Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would say go with the TZ-1. I got mine through oneidasuzuki.com. only $269.99 free shipping to the lower 48 states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts