Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down for the FZ1 rally at Deal's Gap on the 9th. I plan on getting there early before the crowd hits. Last year we had 115 FZ1s and a few other bike show, this year its supposed to hit 200 bikes. Its going to be a little crazy and I'm sure the police will be out in force, but with so many good roads down there, they can' patrol them all.

We have lots of sponsers giving away stuff too. Last year it was something like $4,000 worth of bike stuff. I picked up a set of EBC HH pads. A buddy of mine from Indy won a new exhaust for his bike.

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
dijon said:
Check out this site for info on the road and the ride...

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html
oooh thank you!!!!!

Look what i found!

JULY 2005

* July 2 - 50th Registery Corvette Group Ride the Dragon Some seventy 2003 Anniversary Red Vettes from all over the country will parade over the Tail of the Dragon.
* July 10 Saturns Challenge the Dragon 15 to 30 Saturns on their second annual Tail of the Dragon Run CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 14-23 KatRiders.com Annual Rally CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 15-22 The Sabre Group will be coming to the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO under the TSG Forum
* July 15-16 Valkyries at the Gap CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 15-17 YZF600R.com 2nd Annual Meet at the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 22-24 The Iron Titans of Virginia will be assaulting the Dragon with 40-60 riders CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 23-24 Team Interlude hitting the Gap CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 30-31 Miatas at the Dragon CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 30-August 6 Braggin' at the Dragon 2005 - first annual mostly Buell Riders, but also people with R-1's, GSXR's, and Cruisers
coming along for the trip. EMAIL
* July 30 - East Rider's of Vision Meet at the Dragon. For owners/riders of the 1982/1983 Yamaha xz550 Vision. CLICK HERE FOR INFO
* July 30-31 Team-Integra.net making its second annual Dragon Run. EMAIL

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
The 2nd SV rally is there next weekend, and of course, I'm going to miss it AGAIN.

Hope you have fun man.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Eh....due to lack of funds, I can't make it. Yes, I'm currently THAT BROKE. And tho I'm in NC, it's not exactly a short ride away. Something like 4 or 5 hours I believe. I'll probably go later in the summer tho.

Now, if I can get some sponsers on here, I'll make it. If like, 30 ppl could donate just $10 each, I'd have absolutely no problem going. :D

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be sure to post up some pictures. I'm sure we will be all over kill boy's web site

you all should check it out

www.killboy.com

·
G-MAN
104 Posts
Just came back from there a couple of weeks ago. If at all possible ride during the weekdays and leave the roads for the wannabe's come the weekends. Police were non existant from Monday/Thursday!!

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nedragr said:
Just came back from there a couple of weeks ago. If at all possible ride during the weekdays and leave the roads for the wannabe's come the weekends. Police were non existant from Monday/Thursday!!
I plan on getting there thursday afternoon. Hope to get a run on the dragon a few times and the sky way. Friday early morning should be good too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts