Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my two brothers slip on for Christmas. While taking off the stock exhaust I noticed that there was an extra piece of pipe extending from the flange. When i tried to place the new exhaust on, it would not go all the way on. Has anyone had to cut the extra pipe off while installing a new exhaust? and one other question, what exactly do I put the sillicone on. It said to place it on the gasket, but im not exacly sure what part that is. The sillicone came in the package with the two brother pipe.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
No, you shouldn't have to cut anything. The silicone *forms* a gasket between the mid-pipe and the cannister, at least on my ZX-14 install.

For gods sake put down the exhaust and pick up the telephone to Two Bros before you hurt yourself.

KeS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had to cut mine. The opening on the new pipe only allows for a small length of pipe to be inserted. I forget the measurement, it should be in the instructions though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just recieved my two brothers slip on for Christmas. While taking off the stock exhaust I noticed that there was an extra piece of pipe extending from the flange. When i tried to place the new exhaust on, it would not go all the way on. Has anyone had to cut the extra pipe off while installing a new exhaust? and one other question, what exactly do I put the sillicone on. It said to place it on the gasket, but im not exacly sure what part that is. The sillicone came in the package with the two brother pipe.
You have to cut the pipe down to 1.5 inch. Take the brass gasket that in on the stock flange and put just a little silicone on it and slide the pipe on. You can check out the web site and they have instructions on it.
Phil

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Should have got a Yoshimura RS-3, you don't have to cut a thing. It bolts right on!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i had to cut the pipe leaving an half inch expossed. It took me about 20 minutes to saw it off but i did it. The install was quick and easy after that. All I can say is DAMN. The TBR sounds great. I feel like I have a new bike the way it accelerates in second gear. Glad I went with the TBR!

·
I need a 710 cap.
777 Posts
I have a Two Brothers Carbon Fiber slip on :boink and had to cut about 3 inches off to get it to fit due to the inset only being about and inch deep on the slip on, just measure the depth of the inset in your slip on and mark your pipe, cut it, and be happy with the new sound :cheers its time consuming with a hack saw but i didnt want to accidentally cut anything else with the reciprocating saw.

oh and the gasket from the stock pipe will work if your TBR did not come with one, just stick it on, silicone it, bolt up, ride, be happy!

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
I know this has been long passed up, but I had to cut mine too. Had to chop off about 2" from the end of the pipe. I don't know why they left the extruded pipe after the flange. Seems kinda worthless to me, but it might have something to do with the sound dampening of the stock canister.

I know TBR has something about this issue on their website. I had to double and triple check that I was doing it right when I installed mine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had same issue... The exhaust sounds great though!

Old threads keep coming back to life?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts