Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!
In the instructions for installation of the two-bros. exhaust, it never mentions anything about having to do anything to the programming of the bike before/after installation. But, someone once told me if I upgraded exhausts then they would have to 'hook it up' to a computer and remap exhaust? I've never heard of that other than from that one source, which wasn't very reliable. Just thought I would ask a bunch of experts on the subject :) I have never upgraded exhausts on my bikes before and I was just wanting some guidance. I have an '01 F4i and I ordered the high-mount, large oval bolt-on. Should sound and look pretty sweet, can't wait to get around to mounting it.

Much thanks guys! :cheers
-mtn

·
Registered
813 Posts
Did you get a slip-on or a full system?

If you got the slip on, you don't need to rejet anything. Just install the slaip on and go.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Don't jet on a fuel injected bike. Re-jetting is only applicable to bikes using a carbs. Depends on two different schools of thought. The airflow and pressue will be different than stock but I think most mechanics/technicians would agree that only a full system would require such modifications. DynoJet and Yoshimura make fuel/air remapping systems for FI bikes.

·
Registered
801 Posts
NO re-mapping or power commander installation is required. My GSX-R750 had a TBR slip-on and I did have the dealer tweak the ECM a tad.

B

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Slip-ons rarely require any adjustment to the FI system. This is generally for full exhaust sytems. However, the investment in a powercommander is still something to consider. The ability to customize your bikes FI system can be fun, a great learning experience and add to overall performance. A great value mod at around $300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts