Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50-60 inch. It's going to be in a fairly well lit room.

Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I had a 37" LED that I loved. The picture/video quality was great,including stuff like motoGP, and it didn't put off a bunch of heat.

Can't speak for plasma, but I guess it might be cheaper?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a 50" samsung plasma. No complaints here, love it. My parents have 2 leds and I cant tell a bit of difference in image quality between mine and theirs.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I have a large plasma and a medium large led. The led is a lot brighter, the plasma has a great picture but night scenes in movies can be a little difficult to see sometimes during a bright sunny day. I also do not like the glossy screen, it reflects everything in the room.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
II also do not like the glossy screen, it reflects everything in the room.
+1

I decided to go with an LED tv for this reason. I get the late afternoon sun in my living room and knew that glare would be unbearable with a plasma.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I went LED. Local guy said that with fast action, the plasma may show some latent imaging. Say no more.

Reactions: L8 Braker

·
Registered
825 Posts
LCD not LED! if you get an LED it would look like an lite brite. When a tv is marketed as LED they are talking about how it is lit vs fluorescent.

In genreal Plasma gives a better picture with a shorter live and higher power use
LCD's are lighter and tend to have more have more features and run cooler and use less power.

Reactions: L8 Braker

·
Registered
731 Posts
Can't beat a plasma for value. Best picture for the $$. As has been said, the glossy screen of the plasma will reflect the room with a lot of light, but it's kind of something that you stop noticing after a while, at least for me, but I also work a lot and don't really watch much tv during daylight hours anyway.

Plasmas are significantly heavier but their screens are more durable and less prone to damage if you have a kid that likes to smack the tv and throw shit at it like I do, lol. The "burn in" is really not an issue with modern plasmas. I'm not sure about LEDs, but LCDs have a much less forgiving viewing angle than a plasma. You can be damn near parallel to the plasma screen and still see the picture.

Most people will recommend what they own. I like to go to Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET to narrow down my electronic choices, then I like to go to Amazon and read consumer reviews of my top choices.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Plasmas show dark colors better but get burn in if you're a gamer or watch the same channel all day. Leds show light colors better. But there are different types of leds so do your research before you buy

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Load of shit.

my plasma has seen repeated 24 hr races in gran turismo done in 8 hour stints.
not a hint of burn in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
We got new plasma screens in our break room last year. I can tell what channel they've been on all year when they are off... They burn in like a CFL. And they are electrically noisy like an arc welder if you are into radio...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
0_o

yeah. . .all year.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I first bought a Plasma in '06. It went wonky this year so I replaced it...with another plasma.

Contrary to what was said a few posts ago...most people cannot see latency on most tvs, LCD or plasma...but if you do, you will be more likely to see it on LCD/LED than plasma.

Plasma is better for viewing from a wide angle, although this is less true than it used to be. When shopping this year I saw a LOT less fade off-angle on LCDs than I did just a couple of years ago.

I still prefer the image on a plasma. Panasonic 50" Viera now.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Plasmas stil always tops on cnet TV review, I continue to only buy plasma because led and plasma top of the line models th Plamsa is the way better cost value.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts