Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea why they're not all shining bright? When viewing the bike from the front the upper-inside corner LEDs are very bright some of the others are dim and then the outer-lower corner lights don't seem to be lit at all. Both lights are like this. This bike has flush mount turn signals on the side that the previous owner installed. Could an aftermarket relay or something cause this? Or maybe resistors? Just guessing here. The flush mounts have the 3-2 wire converter-clips, not sure if that makes any difference. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With that much glare coming from your headlight, I doubt anyone can see your front turn signals anyway.
LOL, these are the DDM tuning 6000k 35w HID kit. I love them. The camera probably made it seem worse than they are in real life.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can see 100000x more with these mirrors so even if the turn signals aren't perfect I'm happy. They stick straight out sideways and are a little longer than stock so I can actually see what's behind me instead of just my shoulders, armpits, and elbows.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
LOL, these are the DDM tuning 6000k 35w HID kit. I love them. The camera probably made it seem worse than they are in real life.
lets hope you use a proper housing.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Possibly a lack of power and for a LED light to be suffering lack of power there must be truly something amiss. I'd check the connections some people have all sorts of odd ideas what makes a good electrical connection.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Possibly a lack of power and for a LED light to be suffering lack of power there must be truly something amiss. I'd check the connections some people have all sorts of odd ideas what makes a good electrical connection.
I'm no wiring expert but everything else is working okay. Someone else said to try an aftermarket relay or in-line resistors that can up the voltage. I don't know much about either of these but I may get one and just leave it laying around until I take the front fairing off again, which I despise doing.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A resistor or relay will not up the voltage in a DC circuit, to up the voltage in a DC circuit you have to invert it into AC use a step up transformer then rectify it into DC and you'll most likely blow the snot out of your 12volt LEDS as they are designed for 12 volt.

LED's are polarity sensitive unlike globes you have hooked them up the right way? Are they dim or trying to flash very very rapidly if so you'll need a flasher relay designed for LED's.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
The stock housing is fine according to everyone else. 55w is supposedly where you hit problems.
putting HIDs in a housing not made for HIDs is a bad idea.

end of story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts