Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove up to Michigan this weekend for a full weekend of riding, well after about an hour of riding and then going around Milford Proving Grounds a Vulture decided to end my weekend. Besides the rear of the bike right now it appears to be all plastic damage. I ended up with a couple scrapes, a small hole in my knee which took 7 stiches, and a spranged ankle (on the opposite leg). Thanks to those of you who stopped to help. Just to let you know I will be alright and the bike will be back on the road! BTW that is a size 11 sandle next to the bird which killed itself on my helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ecir said:
How fast were you going? what was the cause of the crash? did your head snap back and you lost control of the clipons?
Not real sure on either, Probably around 60-70mph. When the bird hit it was all a blurr. Luckily I had witnesses, a dead bird, and a cool cop, no tickets, just an ambulance ride and some stitches.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Very glad you're OK! Coulda been a lot worse. A wild turkey grazed the top of my helmet a few years ago when I was traveling at 90 mph. I think it would have killed me if I had hit it head on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wow, glad you're alright man. That could have ended alot worse than it did. At least the damage to the bike isn't too bad, it oculd have been worse.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Same thing happened to my cousin on his 04 R1 in Florida on alligator alley. Except he hit it doing like 180. He was racing some other guy and he had it topped out. He didn't crash luckily, it was a miracle. His beautifull agv helmet was destroyed, the turkey got him on the side of his head and ripped his visor off. He was lucky.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem like all birds play their version of the game 'chicken'? I've had to duck many a bird and swerve to avoid countless others that always seem to fly right at the vehicle I'm riding and/or driving in. I honestly think it's their intention to come as close as possible without getting hit. I don't know why, but I've seen it too many times to think otherwise.

Glad you're ok man.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Alfred Hitchcock moment :lol
Seriously that had to be a bit frightening...did he fly into you or was he scared up by the side of the road? They can :banana you real quick.

Make you pay attention to those birds next time :bitchslap

·
Registered
29 Posts
stupid bird!!!! strap a 12 guage on next time and take the suckers out before they take you down. :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor
humor always helps me feel better!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are alright for the most part, hope you heal up quickly.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
You are a lucky guy. A guy in NJ got killed last year when he hit one. Glad that you are okay!!!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Close call!!! Glad you are ok!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
This is weird. Why do animals always find their way in front of human vehicles?

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
MAD_CAT said:
This is weird. Why do animals always find their way in front of human vehicles?
Because we've robbed them of their privacy. Its only going to get worse.

The exception is possums. They're (AFAIK) the only animals in the animal kingdom that will make a u turn to ensure that you hit them. :lao

1 - 20 of 20 Posts