Sport Bikes banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Im surprised that youre not blowing oil passed the seals having the oil drain pointing upwards.

10.5 is really friggin rich especially on that teeny turbo and 9 psi. You should be at 12.5 at the most.
Better safe than sorry, the bike is, what, 12.5:1 CR, plus 9psi of unintercooled boost? I'd rather have it pig rich and a little less on the power side than borderline about to pop.

There is a scavange pump on the bottom of the oil pan, this pulls the oil from the drain past a checkvalve and pumps it up back into the pan.

Best system I've had yet! I used to get oil blowby with differant checkvalves and a differant pump and no line inside the pan... now that I reworked the entire thing I have NO problems! it's great!

You have no idea how many times after I changed it to go out into the garage, look in the exhaust, and find a wet turbine. NOT ONCE!! I was so happy to get it right :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oil system

Tarkin-

No I did not plumb the oil system yet. The welder should have my stuff ready this weekend. I have to drop off my water/meth injection pump to him later today (me workin night shift) so he can make a mount for it on the intake plenum.

I will def look into the suggestions you have outlined and don't plan on 'cheapin out' on anything. Thanks for the info! I'll keep posting updates.

Ethan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, she's almost all back together, had my plenum made, (sorry, no pics yet...)

I just need to do vacuum lines now, a small downpipe, and close her back up and off to the dyno.

(part 2)[/url]
could you post pics of the blow off valve placement,plenum, and how you have the oil pump ran.
Thank you!

ps. how come no inter-cooler??

·
Registered
1 Posts
can someone please tell me that there is a base map for a turbo r6 with the ignition control too out there for an 07 similar to this. I have a kuctom cart car im building and need a base tune.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts