Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in spain and there for I get all the top tuning parts for 2 strokes for realy nice prices. I'm basicly talking of parts to tune all the 50cc bikes up.
My question is, what are the prices like in the states ?
for example cylinders, carbs and pipes ?

Here I can get cylinders from 80€-300€
carbs for 40€-120€
and pipes for 100-300€

I good example would be with the new Aprilia RS50:
+You give it a 80cc (Top Performance Rossa) witch can push it up to 23hp for lets say 300€
+Then a 21carb (mecuni)with fine adjustable intakes for 100€
+A very nice pipe (whitch I got myself but unfortunatly very expencive because of the carbon) for 250€ (arrow).
+A very light and re-enforced crankshaft for 200€
+New clutch for 50€

Total: 850€

Now that bike would go VERY nice and would be LOTS of fun. Estimated speed:85mph with a sweet acceleration.

I would like to know how much they would cost you, as I mite get in to a deal with the dealer.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Due to all our emissions stuff, 2-strokes are effectively no longer street legal. Save a few people who have older stuff or ride on the track with them, there aren't many around. I'm sure prices are just the same by you, if not better because there is a market for those parts and more competition.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
1€ is approximately 1.21 US dollar at the moment by the way...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that they aren't street legal ( :( ) in america but I thought for those who ride them on a track. I was also actualy thinking that the parts will be at a better price here in spain as many parts are build in spain and italy.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
85mph????

Thats incredibly fast for a 80cc bike!!!

Even fater than my 150cc 4 stroke bike!

BUT...

For a lower price than a stock RS50 you can buy a Ninja 250, 100mph out of the box. Bang for the buck the Aprilia is extremely overpriced.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Due to all our emissions stuff, 2-strokes are effectively no longer street legal. Save a few people who have older stuff or ride on the track with them, there aren't many around. I'm sure prices are just the same by you, if not better because there is a market for those parts and more competition.
50cc's are still plenty LEGAL here...but all the noobs are interested in is 600's.

Prices would be on par with your parts but shipping them over would cost more than they're worth....so making a deal with a dealer to ship us stuff wouldn't make for a good business decision, we have plenty of outsourcing through established companies here. Not to mention that US buyers aren't after 50cc bikes for the most part.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to bad :(

hey süsser (lucky not many german speaking ppl in hear :D), generaly you can say a 2 stroke engine can take it with a 4 stroke which is doble as big. But its also easy to get it that fast because a 2 stroke you can do much more with it. While the pipe of a 4 stroke is only for the sound, on a 2 stroke cuting the pipe 1cm can make a big difference in sound and performance.

I got my 74cc bike up to about 77mph, but its not wise to rev it that high as the poor lil cylinder has to work a lot :D

I think those 50cc sportbikes are the best to learn on. You can have them quite fast and I'll say when I turn 18 I'll have enough experience and sence (and allready gear) for a nice 600cc bike (not the new once thou ! I'm realy scared of the power of them)

More ppl should with one of this bikes only from what I heared its not so easy in the states.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I completely agree with everything you've said. The problem with them is that they are extremely expensive!

I can't remember the exact prices, but I remember that the last time I saw a RS250 it retailed for about the same money as a YZF600.
I've seen some RS50, extremely nice bikes, but at the same price as a Ninja 250 in Mexico, thats about $6,000 USD.

Here is my point of view given Mexico's motorcycle prices:

Out of the box the RS50 would be more or less as fast as a Honda CG125, and with tons of work you can get it to perform as a CBF250.
What doesn't make sense is that by the time it performs as a CBF you would have spent more money on the RS than if you had bought the CG and the CBF and kept both!

Not to mention the manteinance costs of the CG versus the RS50, the CG is dirt cheap to run!

I don't know how much it sales for in Spain, maybe my comparison doesn't make sense at all in Spain?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I wish 2 strokes were still legal on the road, I'd love to have a 125 or 250....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts