Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are located south of Tampa, Sarasota Hooters has a decent bike night every Tuesday night. 95% sport bikes, 5% Harleys. Turnout has been very good. Just thought I'd pass the info on.
I browse this board frequently and I hope to check out the Tampa ride scene sometime soon. I'll watch for your posts. Rick
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take I-75 south from Tampa/I-4 about 40 miles (???) till you see the exits for Sarasota. Sarasota has 4 exits and you'll need to take the last one, Clark Road, (sorry don't know the exit #). Head west about 4-5 mi on Clark road and Hooters will be on your left just before you get to US-41. Looks like it might be rained out tonight but there's always next week. Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Srq Hooters

Just a quick shout out from Sarasota/Bradenton. Hope to make it out next week minus the rain!
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SRQ929RR said:
Just a quick shout out from Sarasota/Bradenton. Hope to make it out next week minus the rain!
Yea, this rain has made a mess of things. I'm going to bikenight at the Bradenton Hooters tonight. It's not much of anything and it's mostly Harleys but I gotta get out and ride! Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
So, I heard something about Brandon on thursdays. Know anything about that? How about friday and sat. night?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,635 Posts
redvtwin2 said:
How would you get there from I-4.....coming from Lakeland/Orlando?
Glen and I have made this trip...Good group but be warned...It's a looooooooonnng way away :nerd
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, you guys in Lakeland would have a bit of a trip. I'd like to
cruise over your way for a Bike Night but it's just too far.
Brandon/Tampa wouldn't be too bad though. If something's
going on up that way I'd be interested. Let me know. Rick
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SRQ929RR said:
So how was the HOOTERS turn out in b'ton last night?
About a dozen Harleys and just me. They call it Bike Night,
they put the cones out, but it just doesn't draw the
crowd Sarasota does. I wish they'd do something to
promote it. Anyways, the T&A was nice and I
got to ride. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
So Rick, how long ya had the TLR? My brother has an '03 and he just finished polishing the frame, putting a full yoshi system and a power commander. I love that bike! I'm going to make my 929 a track bike and buy a twin for the street.........if the wife lets me!!
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SRQ929RR said:
So Rick, how long ya had the TLR? My brother has an '03 and he just finished polishing the frame, putting a full yoshi system and a power commander. I love that bike! I'm going to make my 929 a track bike and buy a twin for the street.........if the wife lets me!!
I had been out of Motorcycling for a loooooong time. I just
got the TLR back in March of this year. It was a brand new
2002 ????? (yea, sounds strange but true). I bought it from
a dealer in Mt. Dora FL. I thought it was badazz looking and
was really different. I got to say that after I drove it I was
hooked! The TLR is like nothing else! It may not be the fastest
or the baddest out there but I can't get over how much I
like it. So far the mods I've done are: Yosh bolt ons, fender
eliminator, chrome rims, TRE, and some cosmetic stuff. I'm
taking a break for now.......... got the wife to deal with too!
Maybe I'll catch you at Hooters next week, weather permitting.
Rick

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
My brother has the blue/white one. He wants to do wheels next. He did the fender eliminator(Texas Fairings) today, but cracked it while putting it on. The P.C. came preloaded with a map, but my friend owns the suzuki dealer on clark, so I will take it to him and have him map it on the dyno for me. Did you re-gear yours? My brother is thinking of doing that so it's a little quicker around town.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
18,635 Posts
bbqb4racin said:
Brandon/Tampa wouldn't be too bad though. If something's
going on up that way I'd be interested. Let me know. Rick
We used to do Barnacles back in the day...I always loved that place...Just something to think about :)
 

·
sikk cylinders
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SRQ929RR said:
My brother has the blue/white one. He wants to do wheels next. He did the fender eliminator(Texas Fairings) today, but cracked it while putting it on. The P.C. came preloaded with a map, but my friend owns the suzuki dealer on clark, so I will take it to him and have him map it on the dyno for me. Did you re-gear yours? My brother is thinking of doing that so it's a little quicker around town.
Yea, the chrome wheels are great. I never thought much about
them on a sport bike but after seeing more and more of them I
had to get some.
After looking at undertails and fender eliminators for the TLR I
didn't see any I liked so I wound up fabbing my own. It took a little
time to make but it turned out great and it had the look I wanted.
I have to get the power commander soon too. I talked with the
guys down on Clark and their dyno will certainly take care of any
guess work on my part.
Gearing? Yea, that's next on the list. Probably will go +2 on the
rear. It should be just enough. These torque monsters really don't
need that much.
Am I having fun with my TLR? You bet!!!!!! :grinbounc
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top