Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I found a tube hanging underneath my fuel tank. Do I have to visit a mechanic or is it something that all bikes have in general. If it is something that all bikes have in general, what is it for ?
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel

·
Registered
245 Posts
Most bikes have a tube running from the bottom of the tank for overflow that runs up by the filler cap internally and another one next to it that is for the tank vent. Just make sure you tuck it down in smoothly when you put the tank back down and don't crimp it. Normal stuff, nothing to worry about. If the hose gets crimped or folded and it's the vent line, that can cause poor running on EFI engines. Not sure if carb bikes have both lines or just one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most bikes have a tube running from the bottom of the tank for overflow that runs up by the filler cap internally and another one next to it that is for the tank vent. Just make sure you tuck it down in smoothly when you put the tank back down and don't crimp it. Normal stuff, nothing to worry about. If the hose gets crimped or folded and it's the vent line, that can cause poor running on EFI engines. Not sure if carb bikes have both lines or just one.
Thank you

·
Are we not men?
9,033 Posts
Carbed bikes have both also. On a carbed bike, if the vent hose gets pinched, the bike will only run for short times. This is because there is no fuel pump, just gravity feed to try to overcome the vacuum that will result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts