Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this horse all year in a lot close to work but never saw it up close until just a few days ago. It seems somone put in a small area thats fenced inand doesnt even have a gate. The ground is full of rocks and very little grass grows there. Its mostly weeds the horse cant eat. There is NO source of water for this poor horse.

:boid To the person who locked this animal in to die. Its covered in sores, bites and scars. There is very little hair left on its body and has large patches of raw, scabby skin.

:biggrinag To my wife for helping cut grass, find hay, buy apples and lug many gallons of water to this spot with no access road or physical address to report to animal control. We have called many places to get help and some wont even help because we cant give a location they can write on a report. A big thumbs up to the Houston Humane Society for gladly talking to us and offering to pick up the animal soon. We are supposed to meet them there tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Please, Please, Please...........as a horse owner. Call the SPCA IMMEDIATELY!

Go get water, hay, grain, etc. This poor horse is starving to death.
If you need money or help. Please PM me.

Thanks
speedmom, animal lover.

PS Thats why I like all of you animals at this site.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Wow, where at in Houston is this?

:boid :boid :boid To the owners of the horse, hope they get runned over by 18, 18wheelers in a row, then electrocuted, then his fingernails pulled out then...

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
It doesn't look so bad.

·
Registered
804 Posts
bump !

:( :( :(

Please ! Help this helpless horse. Someone drive by and cut the fence. At least the horese could go out and eat grass somewhere.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
contact animal control...looks like animal cruelty to me..then they can get it to a vet and someplace where it gets fed

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks like a pair of sidecutters, a piece of rope and a ramp to get it in the truck was all you needed to get him to a decent care facility......at least the sidecutters would've gotten it out to eat the grass just beyond the fence.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is one shade tree on this lot and I have been buying bales of hay and leaving them under the tree. I stop by each morning and fill a tub of fresh water. Its been about 95F each day. I called the SPCA and they didnt help. It took 3 calls before they even would write down any info. I left a message at a horse rescue place and they havent returned the call at all. The local humane society is supposed to meet me at the lot sometime today though. They said it shouldnt be a problem to get the horse care. They will have to cut the fence because there is no gate.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I say cut the fence as well. If the horse is running around someone will have to do something about it. At least it can find it's own food and water and would have better luck crossing the freeway than in there.

Fuck whoever did that! :boid :boid :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My God, that poor horse. Hats off to you and your wife. I hope the Humane Society gets this horse back into shape, and finds it a loving caring home.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Makes me feel good about liking animals more than people. I could go all out Silence of the Lambs on people that do this kind of shit to animals. Find me who did it and some Fava beans and it'd be ok. :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Squid Killer,

Call News2Houston, Emily Akin is on your side. Seriously if the news gets a hold off this then the Houston Spca may get involved. It seems if that is what it takes around here to get anything done.

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Please keep us posted on this horse. Poor thing. Some people just piss me off. That poor animal does not deserve that treatement. I hope someday the person / persons who have done this get the same treatment.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This horse is near Webster (south of Houston). The local sheriff came out today to investigate and take pictures. They said they would post a sign on the fence and come back in a few days to see if things change. I will keep bringing food and water until something changes. We also contacted a horse rescue service and got some good information from them.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts