Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well, you can't tell him what to do if he has his mind set on getting that bike. He needs to do what all of us idiots with too big of bikes did, fall and hurt yourself. It took me dumping my bike 3 times, HARD, till I finaly came to the conclusion that I couldnt handle something that size. So I went and bought a 600.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Twinsen said:
What bike did you foolishly start out on, btw?

My best friend and his brother are both trying to start out on a 750 or 1000. I've preached to them all I can about getting neither one for their first bike. I'm tired of tryin to tell them to start on an older 600 like I did AT MOST. But no, they want a 2000+ 750 or 1000. Oh well, I'll surely be there for them to tell them, "I told you so.", but not neccessarily in those words, probably something harsher. :rolleyes:

Dad got me an 88' Ninja 750 then a Hurricane, same yr.. I learned REAL quick that it was big, fast and I couldnt handle it. And I also learned that pain, really hurts! Stupid me, and stupid Dad I guess, but I don't think that either him or myself knew what we were doing at the time. But I kept that 750 for yrs.. loved that big Kow!.. What a hunk of crap it was.. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.