Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on ford.com like i've done tons of times before, and 'build your own' by selecting options. I'm trying to get a final MSRP based on options selected. In another tab in the browser, I have the incentives for the F150 2014, and it lists options like leather seats and HID headlights and Luxury package, but I'm not able to select those options when I'm building my own.

Am I missing something? $9000 in incentives is something to consider. I expect the MSRP to be around $35k, bringing the cash purchase price to $26k msrp.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
For the Focus ST the HID lights, leather seats and a few other options were only available in the highest 'trim package'. Could be the case with the F150 as well.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what worries me. in the past, it was a lot simpler but the F150 is the most modular car ever, and I dont think its possible to get all 9,000 with the XLT.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
there are very few car manufacturers left that allow you to pick and choose exactly what options you want on the car. it's all about the bundles these days.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's fine and I'll never be rich enough to order a car but trying to 'build' a xlt on their own website so I can see what I get with a $9,000 discount shouldn't be this tricky.

Fucking ford...annoying the shit out of me since they got rid of thw ranger. I should just buy a 70s f100 already.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
buy this one:

When I saw that truck all that went through my mind was "Oh my fuck boys!"
Ford really had styling nailed down in the 70s.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the flat black and chrome. where's that one? What's it got in the engine bay? I know most built trucks will have suspension and engine upgrades but I'd be happy with a duratec swap and stock leafs.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Its got a 460. Mild build.
There's another with a 7.3 diesel swap.

Both of them are well over 2,000 miles from you. Also, a duratec? Seriously?

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Its got a 460. Mild build.
There's another with a 7.3 diesel swap.

Both of them are well over 2,000 miles from you. Also, a duratec? Seriously?
It would cost $15 to drive that thing to the gas station.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't want any diesel unless it's a 4 banger in a ranger. My 2003 ranger duratec served me and an ex that tried learning how to drive a stick very well. I love the old trucks but I don't need it for actual trucking so for putting around town, I wouldn't mind a four banger swap, as long as the transmission was geared right with it.

And that's the problem with project cars...They're money pits :(

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Can always buy the Harley edition, I believe it comes with everything. PLUS it will piss people off if you put a sportbike in the back and take it to the track!!! LOL

Reactions: drummer92

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yeah but then I'd have to confess to owning a harley :/
True, I bought one recently. Now I can not wave at everyone AND badmouth all bikes. Damn crotch rocket riders....and fat Harley slobs!!!! LOL

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly I think it's all badging and little bang for buck...has been for each generation. Give me a king ranch over that any day.
living in so cal has made me all anti-image, and cars are all image around here. I loved buzzing around a Saturn sc2 like a boss, and swerving into shiny german cars witg it in a battle of egos :)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
It would cost $15 to drive that thing to the gas station.
You may not understand the appeal of a mild build 460. :D
If you give a fuck about gas mileage, buying a fullsize pickup from the 70s, lifting it, and throwing bigass tires on it just might not be your thing.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a dream car that cost me in the fuel department. From the factory, it had a 18 gallon tank, and it was just a sedan. I was fine with the gas mileage, and the tank needed a v8, but I'm good at math and I got tired of accruing credit card points that fast. To this day, I dont think I'll ever want another v8, and I'm glad the kids at Ford/GM have put on their big boy pants and started coming out with charged v6's and even 4's. We're almost catching up to Europe in fuel efficiency!

Wasting gas...thats for motorcycles!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
It's funny, cause Ford is the onyl one bothering with a 6 cyl.

Chevy gets 25mpg outta their 5.3L. No turbo. Just a big ole LS V8 with direct injection.
Dodge gets that outta their Hemi (admittedly, they also get a good 35 outta that VM Motori Diesel they have now).

Europe has great fuel efficiency cause Europe doesn't have 5+L V8s doing 400+ horsepower. that's why. when you understand that the average pickup truck engine is moving 6,000 pounds from a stop every time you accelerate, and that it will pump out 400+ horsepower, and that it has 5+L of displacement, you realize that a modern V8 pickup truck is damned efficient. a litre bike gets 35mpg, and weighs 430 pounds.

Gas in America is comparatively cheap. have at er.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts