Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..... I'm just going to vent a little bit. I just got engaged about 2 days ago and it's great, but i just found out that he has been lying to me about some shit that is totally stupid to lie about. here's the thing i have asked him in the past to be totally honest with me about everything now im not expecting him to tell me everything but what i do expect is honesty. Even though the crap that he has lied about is stupid, like he told me and promised me that he wouldnt tell one of our best friends that we got engaged because i wanted too. well he told her and thats cool in all but i really wish he would have told me about it but instead when i asked him about it he said he didnt tell her. i know its stupid but shit like this has happened before with him and if he is going to sit there and lie about stupid crap like this what else will he lie about. I would just like to be told the truth i dont think that is too much to ask for. Anyones thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
i know its stupid
Yes, it is

Honestly, it sounds like you are too young to be getting married. If you are going to go spastic over the fact he told one of your friends that you were engaged then there are some trust issues. Best option is to live with him for awhile before you make any dates for an actual wedding.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
If he'll lie about something like this...........get the picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
were not getting married anytime soon but i just hate getting lied to. and its not the first time hes lied about stupid shit i dont understand why he cant just tell the truth over stupid crap like that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
+1 to being too young, and you shouldn't get engaged expecting to mature before the wedding date.

How long have you been dating him?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Sounds like you may be looking for reasons why things won't work out... this way you can talk yourself out of it before actually getting hitched.

I'm not gonna guarantee that you're too young but maybe he is (that was something stupid to lie about thought not a huge deal).

·
Registered
262 Posts
alaska cajun said:
If he'll lie about something like this...........get the picture.
+1 in all seriousness a little white lie no big deal but if he does it all the time... makes you wonder, and ask your self honestly have you ever lied to him..?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Why in the world would a teenager be engaged? Live your life and in about 10 years if you want to be tied to one person, then think about it. Marriage is hard enough with 40 years of life experience. Love alone is far from enough to succeed.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You're are 19 and how old is you fiance?

Well one thing about marriage that I've heard people say repeatedly over and over is that once engaged your expectations of that person change. You will expect more from them and the things that may have irked you a little before now are becoming more prominent, and seem very difficult to deal with. One of my closer female friends was just engaged a few months ago and her fiance always would drink heavily when he drank and this wasn't as big an issue until they were engaged, now she realizes that it's an issue and something that bother her, so she spoke to him about it to try and change it. Now, that's the way to handle things maturely. They both had their time to enjoy their freedom, now he's 30 and she's 25 and they both are still waiting over a year and a half before they get married just to make sure things work out.

So the point of this is, if there is something that bothers you about a person that much don't marry them. Because, in this case, it seems to be a pattern that he continously lies to you. Also, you are 19, enjoy yourself. That doesn't mean go out and be a slut, but don't be so concerned with commitment as of now because say 7-10 years down the road you hopefully will have matured some and will now really be ready to commit to someone that is ready to commit 100% to you. Lying is not a commitment.

·
Registered
773 Posts
sweetie i was engaged i dated this guy for 4 years and he lied abotu stupid shit all the time stuff that didnt matter. run like hell. i mean it. dont think it dont matter or that he will change. you have no idea about the stuff he is lying about. im sure there is stuff you dont know. that says alot about his character. please please please dont make the same mistake i did. i know you love him, but this is a b***** problem than you think. if he lied to you about small stuff he will lie about anything.!!!!! dont say you wasnt warned. i know you think its what you want now but you are young. your mind changes and things that were important now will not be in a few years. take time to find yourself and who you are.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
the people here telling you that you're to young to be engaged/married, are CORRECT! Take this seriously. Even small lies turn into HUGE ones later on. I know you're happy now, and the world is in it's perfect place, but wise up. You are only 19 FFS, and if he's lying now about "stupid shit" (as you put it so eloquently) then just wait till he's lying about b***** shit later on, and it looks like it'll be a grantee that he will.

·
Registered
898 Posts
dreamy333 said:
sweetie i was engaged i dated this guy for 4 years and he lied abotu stupid shit all the time stuff that didnt matter. run like hell. i mean it. dont think it dont matter or that he will change. you have no idea about the stuff he is lying about. im sure there is stuff you dont know. that says alot about his character. please please please dont make the same mistake i did. i know you love him, but this is a b***** problem than you think. if he lied to you about small stuff he will lie about anything.!!!!! dont say you wasnt warned. i know you think its what you want now but you are young. your mind changes and things that were important now will not be in a few years. take time to find yourself and who you are.
+150,000000000
I don't think you understand the magnitude of this. I was with a guy that lied about little things.(6yrs) Come to find out..he lied about his parents, where he was from, college, etc....stuff that made no sense lying about. I have not looked into it professionally, but from personal experience...this is a serious issue. Good luck and please re-think marriage at your age. It may not seem like it now...but many many things are going to change over the next few years....including you, including him, including what you both what from a partner.
:)

·
Registered
773 Posts
oh yeah and relize his lying has nothing to do with you it has to do with him it really is a problem. like my ex lied to his mums and everyone. he was and still is a fake person. im over it now i was talking to him the other day about who he has been messing with and he said nobody. i busted outlaughinf because he had 2 hickeys on his neck the size of baseballs lmfao. sweetie you deserve better! i just hope u relize that and dont overlook the little lies just because u dont want to lose him. man if you only knew what you were in. . put on your boots pull the leg back and kick his ass to the curb

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
This reminds me of a situation involving one of my ex's (now good friend) and her same age yet inexperienced significant other. She lied about where she met a friend of hers and he pitched a huge fit over it. My advice to her was to convince him that pittly shit isn't worth getting panties in a bind over.

My advice for you. Quitcher bitchin and wait for something important to get your panties in a wad about. Also I'm with the rest, you're way too young to get married.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Please step away from the keyboard and comeback when you have something to complain about, such as “I caught my fiancé fucking my best friend doggy style on the day we were supposed to be married”

Anyway why are you questioning what he tells you? It sounds to me like you caught him lying more than once and I see no reason why you are catching him unless he is just really bad at playing you. I suggest if you want to be happy to accept everything he has to say as fact, you will be much happier and so will he.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
First... You are too young to get married / engaged.. I was 18 when I first got engaged, and it was STUPID.... You dont even know who you are yet, and regardless of any pubes you may have, you are not matured yet.

second... since you wont listen to #1 (I didnt), then watch it. Every relationship (and I do mean EVERY SINGLE DAMN ONE OF THEM) has secrets.... Some of them are none of your business, and some are none of his.. Past partners, freaky things you have done, ect, are all your business.. he has no right to know, just like you shouldnt hold it against him for not telling you.... BUT!!! if he lies about small stuff like that consistently, then that should be a warning sign to you.. Small lies and big lies usually run together in packs...

third.. you really are too young.. Stay engaged for a couple years.. you'll thank us when you completely figure out who you are, and what you want.. Hope for the best....

PS>>>> For God's Sake, PLEASE dont have any children for many years.. That will ruin your life, as young as you are.. This is the time to have fun, dont start a family yet.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Punkwood2k said:
First... You are too young to get married / engaged.. I was 18 when I first got engaged, and it was STUPID.... You dont even know who you are yet, and regardless of any pubes you may have, you are not matured yet.

second... since you wont listen to #1 (I didnt), then watch it. Every relationship (and I do mean EVERY SINGLE DAMN ONE OF THEM) has secrets.... Some of them are none of your business, and some are none of his.. Past partners, freaky things you have done, ect, are all your business.. he has no right to know, just like you shouldnt hold it against him for not telling you.... BUT!!! if he lies about small stuff like that consistently, then that should be a warning sign to you.. Small lies and big lies usually run together in packs...

third.. you really are too young.. Stay engaged for a couple years.. you'll thank us when you completely figure out who you are, and what you want.. Hope for the best....

PS>>>> For God's Sake, PLEASE dont have any children for many years.. That will ruin your life, as young as you are.. This is the time to have fun, dont start a family yet.
Could not have said it better myself. I will add one more thing....

You really are toooo young. Take it from a guy that just broke up (a year ago) with a significant other that had her whole life planned out and it was not inline with my plans. Now that we are apart (still really close friends), she sees life as I do, and is no longer in a rush to get that "ring" and get married, but to grow in to the wounderful person that she is becomming, mature and when she is ready, settle down. Just like me, other than that wounderful word.... I am just plain trouble. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts