Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i must say i looked around for a bit and did some searching, so i went to my last resort, posting, soo.... :bowdown

How hard is it to install a trunk on a bike, i was thinking of something like

linkage

I have looked around and i can't really find a site, other then the one listed, to buy a trunk from. I just want to be able to either 1. put my helm in it or maybe some milk on a quick run to the store for a 1/2 gal, and/or 2. have a luggage bar that i can bungy my backpack (17" laptop) to to take to work.

Any help for linkage and how-to's would be awesome,
-my bike: 2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

thanks again :)

·
old member
13,079 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NP, and ty for the sites :) gonna check em now

what the hell is "back marker" lol :banana
(under my name)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
NP, and ty for the sites :) gonna check em now

what the hell is "back marker" lol :banana
(under my name)
On a typical club race day, racers usually end up getting divided different groups due to their speed (skill) differences. Front runners with top of the line equipment, blueprinted trannies, cherry picked engines, who are awesome drivers.. group of guys behind them good drivers (in this case, riders, excuse me) without the top dollar for absolute best equipment, so on and so fourth... in the end are the less talented people and rookies. AKA back markers.

Back marker also has somewhat of a derogatory term in racing circles, especially if the said racer has always been a back marker despite the amount of seat time (track time) the guys has.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AHhhhh i gotcha :) hehe oh well, i'm green to everything street moto n e way so :) don't mind... 4 now :D

Just don't let me catch some peeps in the dirt... hehe that's where i have MY fun :p :cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been looking at my bike and some racks... kinda sad, i can't put a saddle bag set on mine because of the previous owner put a performance exhaust on and it's well uh HUGE and in the way (about 2-3 inches from the back seat) kinda like the Rice Rocket Racks just because how easy it is. I would really like to get somthing that allows me to have a passenger and have some room to put somthing in (like a 1/2 gal of milk or a loaf of bread, etc) But as much as i've looked i can't seem to find a rack that's built for the ZX6R. I really like Givi USA, they have alot of nice boxes, but again, i don't have a way of mounting it just yet...
... so the search continues...

(untill i give up and just get a Rice Rocket Racks) :mg

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Check out the Cortech Sport Bag. Not huge, but it will hold a gym bag or something similar.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
AHhhhh i gotcha :) hehe oh well, i'm green to everything street moto n e way so :) don't mind... 4 now :D

Just don't let me catch some peeps in the dirt... hehe that's where i have MY fun :p :cool:
Once you get something like 50 posts you can change the title under your name if you want. It's in the User CP.

I would contact some of the luggage suppliers about a rack for your bike. I have a friend with an older zx6r and he was able to mount a rack for a top case.

The RKA tail bag attaches under the passenger seat and can be taken off easily. That may be a compromise until you find something more substantial.

·
Registered
28 Posts
These guys have racks available for sport bikes. No personal experience with them.

Motorcycle Luggage Racks, Sports Racks, Carriers - REVsPerformance.com

Your other option may be a Ventura rack. I think they may have a model for your bike. They're a little spendy, but I've heard good things.

Ventura : Soft Motorcycle Touring Luggage, Hard Motorcycle Touring Luggage

Your cheapest bet is probably to buy the large JC Whitney GIVI knock-off case for about $50 and just bolt the mounting plate onto a spare passenger seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts