Sport Bikes banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
He's a little like Twink. Another "conservative" who pops in periodically to prove that the hard right is populated by people who make Homer Simpson look like Plato.
Popped in to say suck my cock as all you liberals love doing that anyway. Continue on with dreaming of licking Obamas balls and sucking Mike Obama's dick

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how this Russian skirt / NRA thing turns out. Just throwing that out since were talking about treason.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
I doubt much will come of that. She appears to have been a bit of an opportunist with a few screws loose. I seriously doubt that Russian intelligence operatives trusted her very much, and I seriously doubt that she was much more than a useful fool. She was way too flamboyant, way too sloppy, and way too much of a bull in a china shop. She was probably free lancing for Russia up to a point, but she's small fry at best. It's the useful fools in the White House that are where the real Russian focus probably is. If I were a foreign power bent on mayhem, that's where I would be spending my time. They may be having an "oh shit" moment, though, just as certain parts of the radical Islamic movement had an "oh shit" moment after 911 woke up the sleeping giant. You just don't want to pull the eagle's tail feathers too much unless you want a problem. We weren't paying as much attention to Russia as maybe we should have been. Now we certainly are. Oopsy, if you are Vlad the puffy little twerp.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Don't know whether this is just NY local news, but another investigation into the Trump family has focused on how Fred Trump ( the President's father) made his money via tax dodges and scams. In today's NY Times, there's an article about how the Trump family scammed their tenants. The scam goes like this:

• Trump family had apartments for more than 10,000 tenants.
  • Buildings of course need maintenance, and that requires the purchase of building supplies.
  • Trump family forms a shell company that purchases said supplies at wholesale price, then marks the supplies up.
  • The marked up price is then charged to the apartment company. Trump's shell company pockets the mark up.
  • The exorbitant supplies price is then used to justify a rent increase to the rent control board---- passed along to their tenants.
  • Over the course of the years, it was estimated that the Trumps pocketed $33 million in excess rent charges from their tenants.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/us/politics/trump-tenants-taxes.html

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Unethical, yes. Illegal? I don't know. The Trump family have been expert at getting away with that kind of thing since word go. Living in NYC in the 80s, Trump was the butt of lots of jokes. He was really good at running a company into the ground while lining his own pockets. He did it repeatedly. You can't do that unless you are a thoroughly unethical jackass. He still needed to get bailed out periodically, which goes to show he's unethical, but also incompetent. That was common knowledge. Proof that people forgot or didn't know. They bought the image, which is just as fraudulent as anything else about Trump.

I'm curious to see what was going on with ongoing Moscow Trump Tower discussions that have seeped out of the Trump miasma now. He has spent a lot of time denying the apparent facts, and now that the facts are slithering out, he's changing his tune. It's always been all about making Trump money without Trump having to actually be competent and without Trump actually having to do any heavy lifting. Nothing changed when he became a "politician." He's doing his best to make the rest of the political class look pretty good. I mean that across the board, not just one party or the other.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gaolee, Fly, you boys ought to head back to ST.N's PO board for some amusing "thoughts" on the subject of Trump's track record.

Really, it's mostly dead but now there are a couple of conservatives arguing with the Trumpettes.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
News cycle was so bad today I wondered how long it would take for our economy to break, with the Secretary of State quitting after Trump up and decides to pull out of Syria, the Dow is crashing like crazy and, Trump is literally pushing for a shut down and we ALL know Trump is a lying fool about business deals in Russia. CNN literally showed the letter of intent he signed.

It’s absolutely amazing he’s still the president of the United States. I’m by no means a Pence fan but he can’t be this bad. I hope.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
My wife was speculating about Trump and mental health last night. He's certainly erratic. I don't know if he's delusional or what's going on, but it's certainly not good for the nation. The comedy isn't so funny any more, and the soap opera needs a new writer. I'm not convinced he has any inkling of what he's doing until Fox and Friends tells him. He may not even know what kinds of illegal and unethical things he did in the past, because he seems to do things so cavalierly that he may not have grasped them as he was doing them. Sheesh!

As far as going back over to ST.n, I don't see any point. I don't exist there these days, and it would take forever to get to the point of even being able to see the off topic forums. I tried to sign up again, and the site didn't work anyway. Looks like verticalscope infiltrated there and got it all fouled up.

I'm personally baffled about how anybody could still support Trump in any way at all. You can be conservative and still be American. You can even be reactionary and still be American. Supporting Trump makes no sense if you want to see this country succeed. I have thought that for a long time, and unfortunately, Trump has lived down to beyond my worst expectations. The only thing he hasn't done yet is start some random shooting war for no particularly good reason. His trade wars aren't going well, and I'm nervous that he will send in the military somewhere as a distraction if he gets cornered any further.

There will be plenty of historians studying this era and scratching their heads about how dumb we were as a nation to have put Little Lord Trumpleroy in a position to fuck up the works as badly as he seems to be doing. Pence is a creepy little gnome, and his apocalyptic view of the world isn't the view of a person whose thumb should be on the nuclear button. Even Jeb Bush would have been a better option than those guys.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
[snipped]

There will be plenty of historians studying this era and scratching their heads about how dumb we were as a nation to have put Little Lord Trumpleroy in a position to fuck up the works as badly as he seems to be doing. Pence is a creepy little gnome, and his apocalyptic view of the world isn't the view of a person whose thumb should be on the nuclear button. Even Jeb Bush would have been a better option than those guys.
Indeed. The great heterodoxy is that the people most benefiting from government are precisely the ones most critical of it. That is what the historians will be trying to figure out for the next decades. And, mostly, the South and middle of the country are where anti-fed sentiment lies. There was a good piece in today's NYT on Harlan County, KY went big for Trump (and Blevin).

Harlan County [KY] is the nation’s fifth most dependent on federal programs, according to the government’s Bureau of Economic Analysis. In 2016 some 54 percent of the income of the county’s roughly 26,000 residents came from programs like Social Security and Medicaid, food stamps — formally known as SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — and the earned-income tax credit. That is up from 28 percent in 1990.
Yet...

Transfers from the federal government account for more than half of residents’ personal income in 11 counties across the country. Ten are in eastern Kentucky; another is in West Virginia. Nine of those sit in Kentucky’s Fifth Congressional District, which was the first in the nation to declare a winner on election night, Nov. 6: Harold Rogers, a Republican who has held the seat since 1981. He won 79 percent of the vote.
Seems to me the GOP plutocrats have done a remarkable job in propaganda over the years. These counties are the same ones which voted overwhelmingly for FDR during the Depression. Now they have one hand out for federal cash while voting for people who would just as soon let them starve.

It's really an amazing feat on the part of the Republicans.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Never underestimate the ability of a concerted propaganda campaign to get people to cut off their own noses. This has been a 30 or more year process, with pretty obvious stops along the way. The Southern Strategy followed by Morning in America, followed by Willie Horton, followed by the Contract with America, followed by Compassionate Conservatism, followed by Make America Great Again. The GOP has done a 180 from what it stood for, more or less under Ike. There are no more segregationist Democrats, as there were 60 years ago. Those people are now all Republicans.

My mother, a lifelong Republican until recently, observed that it was time for the old people, like her, to let the younger people start worrying about what to do with the country. Her take on it was that people around her age (80) have made a mess and seem to support really dumb, short-sighted policies and need to cut it out.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts