Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the latest...
Much better looking than the previous photoshops. That exhaust is just terrible, but many people change that before they even leave the dealer...and Im sure many more will now too. The integrated blinkers are better for their purpose to be seen, but I dont think look good on the Gixxer. At least they finally put a hugger on there.

Lighter, faster, smaller... :2eek :2devil Its gonna be a monster.
Just when all the other manufacturers thought they caught up with the Gixxer...the bar gets raised again.
The only thing I dont like is the exhaust. Other than that, this one picture from this one angle looks good. I wonder what the other color schemes will be.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=1195249&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

August 27 2004
05 GSX-R1000 unveiled

This is the first official picture of Suzuki's 2005 GSX-R1000.

It promises to be even more powerful and even sharper handling than the current cutting edge K4 version.

Engine capacity is up from 988cc to 999cc, its wheelbase is .5mm shorter and it weighs 2kg less than the current model. At 166kg it's lighter than most 600s.

You'll get more great pictures, including detailed close-up images, plus full technical spec in MCN - out on September 1, 2004.

One thing is clear from this first picture - the rumoured duckbill-MotoGP-style front end styling the 05 model was thought to be using, has been ditched in favour of a sexier, purposeful look.

The whopping titanium end can is likely to provoke debate.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I don't see any bar. If you think moving the signals to the mirrors, adding a hugger, and reshaping the exhaust can is "bar raising" events...you must be easy to please. With regards to the size, weight, etc. Let's wait and see what all the others come out with this coming year. Maybe Honda set the bar and Suzuki fell short of it.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Also, do you have any comments of your own on this new design or are you held down to merely reitorating the comments made by others on motorcyclenewsform.com message board?

ie. monster, bar, exhaust leaving dealer, etc.

You're either about 6 other people on that messageboard or you're doing a good job restating their opinions. Have any of your own?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheWraith said:
I don't see any bar. If you think moving the signals to the mirrors, adding a hugger, and reshaping the exhaust can is "bar raising" events...you must be easy to please. With regards to the size, weight, etc. Let's wait and see what all the others come out with this coming year. Maybe Honda set the bar and Suzuki fell short of it.
TheWraith said:
Also, do you have any comments of your own on this new design or are you held down to merely reitorating the comments made by others on motorcyclenewsform.com message board?

ie. monster, bar, exhaust leaving dealer, etc.

You're either about 6 other people on that messageboard or you're doing a good job restating their opinions. Have any of your own?
That's funny. I didn't even know they had a message board. What a coincidence. Scary actually.

I think I hurt someone's feelings when I said what I said.

Dood, are you kidding me. First get the chip off your shoulder.

When I said "raised the bar" and "monster", I was referring to the mechanical changes...not the cosmetic changes. Get a grip. I could care less about how it looks, I'm talking performance...read the other thread where I state the same thing.

They increased the motor size by 11 cc's [it was already as strong -- 10 cc's down from all the other 1000s]
Shortened the wheelbase by half a mm [not a lot but every little bit counts]
And lightened the bike [it was already lighter than the other 3 liter bikes "claimed weight" (I never weighed them myself so I can't say anymore than that.)]

Well, I find it hard to believe that the other manufacturers will come out with a new redesign after only one year...but I have been proved wrong before. Have you heard something I haven't?!?

And I'm no die hard Suzuki fan...I bought the GSXR in 03 because it had what I wanted at the time. If I had bought a bike in 04...it would have been the ZX10.
Sounds like to me your one of those Honda guys with a complex.

You know what, I like a good debate -- but I'm not about to get in a pissing match with you. Have something debatable to discuss or keep typing things here to see your name come up on the screen.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
:popcorn <looks at The Wraith and waits for reply>

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I like it, except for the signals and the exhaust. Unless it is MUCH improved, I'll stick with my 03 though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where to start...if def. looks better than the other designs they had in mind. The exhaust, I concur, looks like dookie =) it has to go....the tail looks like they stole the design for the Aprilla...front lights are still the same old ugly "tittie" lights (don't like...miss the old light from >'02)....paint not that bad, could be better...needs more silver in the frame, too much black...and turn signals on the mirrors are tacky. Okie dokey...I think I'm done. What I do like...ummm.....hummm....going to have to think about this for awhile...not seeing anything.
When they actually come out with one and give us details (handling, hsp, shocks, etc.) then I'll give an opinion on the mechanics.
Overall....I don't like it :D Just my 2cents :dblthumb :moon

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
well being a Honda guy i love the 1000RR BUT the gixxer is my 2nd pick that exhaust is fucking huge as shit man, they should just bolt a Flowmaster on it :lol ....it looks a bit like an Aprilia (SP?) in the rear but overall its not terrible lookin....id ride it :)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Don't mind The Wraith he likes to go to forums he has no reason to be in and add something stupid and salient to a thread. Dudes a tool, any how back to the new design definitely not doing it for me. Signals not doing it for me its already been done by Ducati, tail section not very original Aprilia has been there done that, exhaust... good lord what were they thinking! I noticed the mid and lower fairing all look like one piece, wondering how that will hold up when you go down, looks like you'll have to cut a nice chunk out of the fairing to get a frame slider on there. I like how they say it weighs less than most 600's, all of the new 1000's are lighter or weigh almost as much as the older 600's the 04 R1 weighs 20lbs more than my 02 R6... So I give them a big "whoopty doo" on that stat. Lets see, if it weighs 166kg and I think 1 kg = 2.2 lbs so you do the math... 365.2lbs sounds like it might be an unlikely weight, might have been their goal weight. I'm sure that beast of an exhaust adds a lot of weight and drag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SicFLgirlR6 said:
...I noticed the mid and lower faring all look like one piece, wondering how that will hold up when you go down, looks liek you'll have to cut a nice chunk out of the fairing to get a frame slide on there. I like how they say it weighs less than most 600's, all of the new 1000's are lighter or weigh almost as much as the older 600's the 04 R1 weighs 20lbs more than my 02 R6... So I give them a big "whoopty doo" on that stat. Lets see, if it weighs 166kg and I think 1 kg = 2.2 lbs so you do the math... 365.2lbs sounds like it might be an unlikely weight, migth have been their goal weight. I'm sure that beast of an exhaust adds a lot of weight and drag.
A frame slider should bolt right on the motor mount in the hole in the fairing where you can see the engine. That's where the current model is...no drilling.
And the fairing looks like one piece from the bottom all the way up to the ram air ducts in gray. Very similar to the current model also.

On the lightness, I heard but never saw any TRUE number on weight, but many people said the 03-04 GSXR 1K weighed 1 pound less than the Honda 600RR. I was shocked to hear it and it sure didn't feel like it, but I heard it from many sources. The 600RR must of just had a lower center of gravity because it sure felt lighter.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think that it's a drastic improvement over previous years. But it is only a photoshop. But if that's it it's Zuks best design thus far. And as far as the H/P... Not a Zuk man but the history of this bike states it'll be King of the mountain again. But all that doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't know how to ride Biatches :twofinger . I got my money on Jerry and his Aprilia 250 :lol .

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

MCN posts yet ANOTHER first pic of the new gixxer /rolleyes!!

How many pics have they shown us of the same bike???...I'm at three and counting...

I'll wait for Suzuki to unveil the new one...

PS...I love the fart can on a bike that's meant for the track...

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I think I hurt someone's feelings when I said what I said.
Gosh. You got me there. Nailed me square. Yup. I absolutely care what your opinions are, about anything, in any venue, sportbike or not. You're on top of things now. You're dead to rights on track. I care. No, really. I do.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
SicFLgirlR6 said:
Don't mind The Wraith he likes to go to forums he has no reason to be in and add something stupid and salient to a thread. Dudes a tool.
SicFLgirlR6 said:
I fight what you fear
Be it unto you to know what people fear, eh? How gloriously pompus. Go swim in your vainglorious firefighter boots. We're all enthralled with your life-saving merit badge.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Nice use of the english language, I feel a tad bit more educated. However it doesn't excuse the fact that "Dude you're a tool". Thank you for further proving that for me :D. Look, you just have to fish for something to crack on me about, and you still look like a moron :lol.
Tah tah for now,
Courtney

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
pimp bike, pimp exhaust.. the hell with undertailing it, just eliminate the canister & get a clean exit for exhaust.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts