Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Facts : 2004 honda CBR 600 F4I 24k miles or so .
My friend and I where riding around for 3-5 hours or so when we stopped to talk ( for about 10 mins ) . Turned the key back on and NOTHING ( no lights , no headlights , no horn .. just dead ) .

I then put my friends battery in my bike and it turned on ( everything turned on) tried to start it but it would only crank and not start .

Towed the bike home, then went and had the battery checked out ( it wouldnt even load test ) .

Took NEW battery home and installed it , tried to start it again ( crank but wont start ) .

Next I did a Fuel flow test , ( take the return line off of the tank and it pumped out the correct amount of fuel ) Test shows its getting fuel .

Put it all back together and tried to start it again ( same thing crank no start)

Right after I tried to start it I pulled spark plug number 4 ( on the right hand side of the bike ) and it was DRY . no fuel to the plug .

So my question is where do I start looking next ? the fuel pump is pumping but not getting to the spark plugs .

Thank you for any help in advance .

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you just check plug 4 or check them all?

Sounds like fouled plugs... easy fix and inexpensive compared to other maintenance...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts