·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/5.aspx

-Brand new Tiger 1050 for '07
-Revised Sprint ST
-All Bonneville derivateves now get the 865cc twin, rather than the 790
-Roulette Green is back on the Speed Triple, where it belongs!

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
<sigh> no more 955. I know, I know...we've known about that for months and the Sprint is a great bike, but it still makes me sad. Maybe someday in the future, Triumph will stroke out the 675 to an 800 or use that sweet S3 1050 to bring back life to the "big" Daytona. If they don't I'm gonna have to start buying up and rebuilding old tona's...Kevinwilly style.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I will be throwing a leg over a Speed Triple next March or April, my god I cant wait, I just gotta pay the R6 down a little more and save a larger down payment.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CYLax said:
<sigh> no more 955. I know, I know...we've known about that for months and the Sprint is a great bike, but it still makes me sad.
The Daytona 955 was a great 'real-life' sportbike and all, but it had really fallen behind the times, with no real significant improvements since about 2001. Putting the 1050 in the old frame would just be rehashing the same old thing that never sold well in the first place. I'd rather they take a couple extra years and do it right, and make another world-beater, just like they did with the 675.

But the fully-adjustable suspension and revised ergos on the Sprint ST wraps up what's probably the best all-around sportbike in production right now. And they seemed to have cleaned up the luggage from the '05's flimsy stuff, so every sub-600lb sport tourer is basically sucking the wind of the ST. I like the ST a lot.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
kevinwilly style.....

I like that. :D

We're still on for that trackday in the spring, right CYLax? Hopefully i'll get the GSXR front end on one of these bad boys by them.

And yeah- i'm currently looking into buying a 2000 model... why i need three i'll never know... hell, i don't know what i'm doing with two.

I almost bought a wrecked 2004 model last week, as well. But i figured that it may not be the best idea, as all the parts are different.....

And yeah- there's not any doubt in my mind that Triumph will have a new big daytona. But it took three years to develop the 675, so it would have been something they've been planning for a while, and they'd tweak it because of the success of the 675...

They're not going to come out with a bike JUST because the 675 did well.

But if they DO come out with one.... it's going to be unbelievable.....

You can all come over and stare at it, because i GUARANTEE you i will be the first person to have one. :D

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
We're still on for that trackday in the spring, right CYLax? Hopefully i'll get the GSXR front end on one of these bad boys by them.
You bet dude. Like I said in other thread...I'm trying to find a 600 to take with me cause my 'tona is just too pretty.

You can all come over and stare at it, because i GUARANTEE you i will be the first person to have one.
If you can't make it to Kevin's, you can certainly stop by my place...I'll be the second person to have one. :banana

1 - 9 of 9 Posts