Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Impressive. It took the Gixxer longer to catch up than I thought it would.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
so its easy to keep the front end down.

·
Registered
488 Posts
yea, that gixxer prob would have won if he could give it some freakin throttle..lol dang litre bikes..

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
njssli22 said:
yea, that gixxer prob would have won if he could give it some freakin throttle..lol dang litre bikes..

Would have won?? That gixxer kicked its ass.
Watch near the end of the race, the 1K easily overtook it.
Obviously the 1K has wheelie issues....

Had the race been longer, the 1K would be so far ahead in just a second or two it would be comical.

·
Registered
809 Posts
that cruiser has torque out the ass...

still tho... the fuck kinda launch was that from the gix???
he could have toasted him way worse if he had any game.

that bike should come up hard when he hits 1st and 2nd at least...

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
I was riding the Busa a couple weeks back and noticed in my mirrors that there was this cruiser bike manically trying to catch up to me. I paid it no mind but then the dude got right in the lane next to me and kept speeding up and slowing down and shit. I was like WTF but then I heard his bike and it was that distinctive triple sound. I then knew that I was being tailed by this 2300cc monster.

After hearing all the talk about how fast it was, I was fearful that this guy would show up the Busa and sportbikes everywhere would be shamed. Well luck would have it that we came to a light on the highway and it turned yellow just in time that each of us was in our own lane and the first in line at the light.

This dude totally wanted to race so I knew it was on. The light turned green and I expected his bike to launch into outer space with the extra 50lb-ft of torque or whatever. However, the guy lazily took off and it seemed the race was off. So I cruised next to him enjoying the sound of his bike. However, when we hit about 35 mph he just gunned it. The sneaky bastard tried to get me with a roll-on.

With my nerves still on edge from the cancelled race of fthe light, I immediately took the Busa to wide-open throttle. I have to say, it wasn't even close. My bike dropped his so fast I was sort of disappointed. Maybe he let up immediately or something cause it wasn't even a close race.

I think the 1k guy had a pansy start but I could be wrong. In my experience it's Busa 1-Rocket 0. It's the only bike race I've ever been involved in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It was not a pansy start. The front end is very light on a liter bike such as an R1, or G1K. Havnt you guys that are dogging the gixxers start ever ridden a liter bike?

He did a fine job. You can only feed it so much throttle right out of the hole. In fact, I think he did a decent job, as I can see him hovering the front wheel just off the ground. He was accelerating as fast as he could WITHOUT LOOPING the bike!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
With a windshield,floorboards and some saddle bags the Rocket3 could be the Touring Bike From Hell. I kinda like the big homely looking thing. Wonder what kind of performace parts are available for it?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Anyone else notice that the Rocket rider didn't pull up his right foot until the race was nearly over? I wonder why he did that.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
cruiser said:
You can get the front end off the ground. In fact if you know what you are doing you can do 12oclocks.

i've seen the pic of kyle woods 12'ing that bike.

they're awesome, but the gsxr is faster.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Nice video. I need to take my bike to the track already.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
the gixxers bad but almost had it handed to him by a fuggn cruiser.. dont think so

1 - 20 of 22 Posts