Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I wanted to share my customer service experience with all of you from Triumph. If any one of you are looking at buying a Triumph or a new bike in general maybe this quick story will help you decide one way or another. Here is my story:

I bought a 2012 Triumph Daytona 675 in May of 2012. It ran great and absolutely no problems at all with the bike. In July of this year, when I took the bike out to go to work it started pouring out smoke when I started it up. (There is a story about this posted in the mechanical section already) Come to find out the coolant hose backed off and was pouring onto the headers. I had a recall on the turn signals and the check engine light was on for the exhaust valve. I was kind of pissed off at this point that three separate things are wrong on a bike that is just barely over a year old with just under 2000 miles on it. I did a google search and asked around and found the email address of someone high up in Triumph customer service. I emailed and I got a response within an hour saying that they would take care of everything on the bike, not to worry. All of the work was done to the bike and when I called the shop they were having trouble getting the exhaust valve replacement covered under warranty because it was too soon. I emailed the same person and within 45 minutes he emailed back saying that he just approved the warranty work. I went and picked up the bike a couple days later and received an email from the customer service guy telling me to pick out some accessories for my bike or some riding gear for my troubles. I really didn't need anything, but I took a look at the triumph shop sight. All I really need is a track suit and figured there was no way they would give me one of those. They are $1,500. I emailed him saying all I really needed was a track suit and the one I looked at was $1,500 and threw my size in just in case =). Not even 10 minutes later the customer service guy emailed and said the suit was in the mail, make sure to email him and let him know how it fits.

This to me is customer service that you just don't see anymore. This is my second Daytona 675 that I have bought brand new, and this kind of customer service has made me a Triumph customer for life. If any of you are thinking of getting a Triumph and read this, I hope my experience with the company helps your decision. I could not be any happier. Here is a link to the suit that they are sending me.

AS1 Suit

Does anyone else have a great customer service story? I would love to hear it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to say that when I woke up the suit was on my porch! They overnight aired next day the suit to my via fedex. I couldn't believe it! I woke up and there was this huge box on my porch. Said Triumph on it and I thought NO WAY! Sure enough there it was. It even came with a back protector!!! Ill throw pics up as soon as possible! Again A++ CS all the way from me. They definitely made a customer for life from me!

Pics of the free suit and protector

Just wanted to share my experiences that transpired over the last few days for anyone that might be on the fence on buying a new bike!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Coompanies cannot buy the type of goodwill with customers that your experience and message on this and other forums as well as word of mouth will earn them.

Good on Triumph and glad you got your bike fixed as well as some nice gear.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm uber jelly of that suit. Glad to hear they took care of you. If I could afford a striple, I'd buy one instantly. Guess I'll have to wait til I graduate pharmacy school

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
That is seriously beyond awesome. Great to hear of the stellar customer service and appreciation from Triumph N.A.!

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Congratulations! My experience with the local Triumph dealer was so awful they literally talked me out of buying a 2013 ST R version - but that was the dealer. Good to hear Triumph NA took care of you!

KeS

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I bought my Triumph used. But the prior owner told me that when the exhaust was put on they routed a radiator hose wrong. The hose wore a hole in the radiator and they replaced it for free two years later.

My customer service stories with other brands weren't as happy.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Congratulations! My experience with the local Triumph dealer was so awful they literally talked me out of buying a 2013 ST R version - but that was the dealer. Good to hear Triumph NA took care of you!

KeS
If that was at Rocket, I'm not terribly surprised.

PhilB

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wow, asking for a $1500 suit, you got balls.
That looks just like the Alpinestars MX-1 I have. I would wear 24/7 if I could, awesome suit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is the Alpinestar MX-1. Triumph hooked up with a-star and just rebranded the suit for triumph as an AS-1. I looked up the suit as soon as it came lol.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't own a Triumph, but a friend who was just starting to get into motorcycling went with a Triumph for his first bike a few years ago, and they've treated him very well. No free $1500 track suits, but he raves about their good customer service and has gotten at least 2 other new riders to start out with Triumphs as well. I'm sure it has a lot to do with each local dealer, but it would seem to me that headquarters seems to be steering most of them in the right direction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Triumph has a way of taking care of it's own. Every Triumph dealer can be like that no matter where in the world they are. I am excited to see this post seeing as how I own a D600. Still it is great to see that sometimes a company will actually take care of their costumers like they are supposed to.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts