Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice but the color is ummm interesting, says the guy with a yellow bike lol, me.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
That is sweet ride!!! In my humble opinion, I think more manufacturers are going to offer beefed up 600's sine the 750(aside from Suzuki) is essentially dead. Kawasaki fired the first shot with the 636. I think we are going to see alot more 650's or 680's or whatever. A nice compromise since the gap between 600's and literbikes is so wide.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Daytona 675/680/whatever it's supposed to pan out as when it's finally actually existant is a great idea and all. But I'm really more curious to see if we get a Speed Four replacement, sorta like a mini Speed Triple.

As for displacement, the added displacement and midrange will make it a nice street bike; I think Triumph and Kawasaki have the idea with making motors with real-world powerbands. 600s are great and all... but why limit yourself to what racers have to limit themselves with on the street?

·
Registered
646 Posts
i think this is supposed to be an 800 actually. they are done with the 600ish market for now. They are working on a triple to compete in europe (and the states) with the 749r at a cheaper price point. I think it will be a cool bike and im trying to hold out for it if it is actually an 800 afterall.

btw, i got my info from Cycle World August 2005

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flash6R said:
i think this is supposed to be an 800 actually. they are done with the 600ish market for now. They are working on a triple to compete in europe (and the states) with the 749r at a cheaper price point. I think it will be a cool bike and im trying to hold out for it if it is actually an 800 afterall.
With the 955i already in production I think a 800 would be too close to it, but what do I know. Really like the way they are heading though and the triples sound nice. I have no need for a liter bike and can barely use the 112hp I have now so I won't be purchasing anything b***** unless it's a cruiser for when I get old:)

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is a really nice looking bike in my eyes! Unfortunately, it looks like the ergos. have gotten a little more "race inspired" than the last Daytona. I think these gets away from Triumphs street biased theme.

I'm betting the next big Daytona will go the way of the Speed Triple, and displace 1050cc instead 955cc. That would make this being 800cc more reasonable as the perfect middle weight! A 650, 800, and 1050 would be good street class decisions from Triumph.
:cheers

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I think it looks like the new hotness!!

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
As much as I love Triumph (hey, someone's gotta pull for the underdog), I think that this one looks like Yamaha, Kawi, and Triumph designers had a steamy threesome.

That said, I think it's a pretty S.O.B.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
A step down, but still sexy nonetheless.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good looking bike

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
I'll try and translate the article. The spaniards use a quite different slang so here it is:

"WE CAUGHT THE TRIUMPH 680!

Quite some time ago there's been a rumor that Triumph wants to give up on the daytona 650 and start anew with a motorcycle that has more personality. The answer is this Triumph 680 that we caught just for you.

The new supersport from Hinkley was surprised while it was performing the rigorous routine of testing. On the image you can see that it is a very compact and small motorcycle with a very small tail. It's a no-compromise supersport judging from the agressive ergonomics with under-the-tripleclamp clip-ons and agressive foot peg position. The lines are angular but smooth with big vents and a big triangular ram-air intake located in between the Multiconvex headlights.

The triple undertail exhaust (there's a hint of the bike being a triple) exits right below it's nice LED tailights. The alluminum chassis has very narrow spars and that makes it very lightweight. The rear monoshock is fully adjustable (can anyone tell me what "bieletas" means?) and it's located vertically on a convencional position. The forks are of inverted design and it has 310mm rotors squeezed by nissin radial mounted calipers, the master cylinder is radial as well. The triple cylinder powerplant is a completely new and has nothing in common with the current 650 I-4 powerplant or the triple cylinder from the Sprint ST. A complete re-design

There's a bit of cut-off text because of the way the magazine was folded but I'll try my best:

It will displace approximately 680cc's, in a event where the WSB considers the participation of a triple cylinder (sorry makes no sense can't make up what was cut-off but apparently there will be a showing some saturday in Paris and there's something else going on on september).

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Nice looking bike, but I wonder where they got their inspiration from...

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
That bike looks good. I wouldn't mind getting one. It is something different from what you see around here in Birmingham. The people that have Triumphs, do they have a lot of problems? If that bike comes out, I wouldn't mind getting one.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts