Sport Bikes banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The biggest issue with myself is that speed doesn't scare me. Yeah, more times than not, I think about the what-if's, but it just doesn't bother me. And every vehicle I've had, I for some reason feel the need to "see how fast it goes", even if I know the supposed top speed. I've had a car up to 163, my bike up to 180 (all indicated, of course). 120+ has been seen so many times in the last 5 years that it's not even exciting anymore. 100 feels like it could be 65, and so on.

So many I've talked to/read from think that anything over 100 is just insane, and that may be true, but I'd be comfortable cruising at 130+ if I knew there were no LEO's to worry about. I'm not bragging about being a speed junky either, because I know that it's really not a good thing (on public roads). However, high speed is not something I do even 10% of the time I ride/drive, and I'd never do it around anyone to put them in danger.

I find it much more fun getting my kicks around curves (even though I'm still speeding around them, but nowhere near what can be done on straights, obviously), but I do find myself feeling the need to just GO sometimes when the conditions are in my favor. I guess I just try and convince myself that as long as it's just me that can get hurt(yeah yeah, I know about mentally hurting family, friends, etc), then there's nothing wrong with opening a vehicle up every once in a while.
I feel the same way as you, 3 days after I bought my bike I took it to 140+. I wanna take my bike to the track someday and hopefully won't feel the need to always speed.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts