Sport Bikes banner

Trip to Deal's Gap - Tail of the Dragon

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Myke 
#1 ·
Planning a trip to Suches, GA, and Deal's Gap (The tail of the Dragon). I'm leaving Wed August 31 and returning Monday September 5. (Labor Day weekend)
I'm meeting a couple of friends from Florida at T.W.O. (two wheels only campground - www.twowheelsonly.com). It is a motorcycle only campground which is highly recommended!!!! The best food at the lodge, clean showers, and southern hospitality. Check out the web site. Anyway, we ride the Cherohala Skyway over to Deal's Gap. (www.dealsgap.com) (www.tailofthedragon.com) It's about 600 miles from Marietta/Parkerburg area to the campground and I haul my bike down in my truck, ride 1200-1400 miles in the mountains and truck home. This is some of the best riding you will ever get to do!! Freakin' Mad!!! :banana
Let me know if anyone is interested and wants to meet me there or follow me down.

#2 ·
Let me check my work schedule. Might be able to meet down at the Tail

#4 ·
No pic man.

#6 ·
No problem

#7 ·
What days do you plan to be at the tail?

#9 ·
Will check on my schedule. I am also trying to swing a new bike by then, not sure if the Kat-o-tuna would like the tail....LOL

#10 ·
OFFICER737 said:
Will check on my schedule. I am also trying to swing a new bike by then, not sure if the Kat-o-tuna would like the tail....LOL
all bikes loves it. first time i rode it it was on an old 73 honda cb 350. even cars luv it too :)

#13 ·
hillbillyxx said:
Looks like I am going to be at the Gap the second week of August. Not sure where we are staying yet.
By the way... greetings from Williamstown
howdy HB, are you the one riding the blackbird i see passing thru sometime? how did you hear of this site?

#14 ·
Unffortunately, I have other plans for Labor day weekend....well..actually a friend and I are riding to Indy for the US Nationals and then from there 4 days with no particular place to go....we may ride noth to Canada, south to Louisiana, west to St Louis.....we just won't know until we head out.
Anyway, I'd love to be able to hit the Gap again. I was there last month.

And check out this place to stay. It's in Robbinsvile, NC, very close to both the Gap and Cherahola Skyway.

http://www.twowheelinn.com/

My bikes:

#15 ·
Maybe a change of plans. I am considering leaving 1 day earlier (Tues Aug.30) and riding down instead of driving the truck. I just got a new corbin seat and I want to give it a try long distance. 600 miles. I may break it up into 2 days with a stop half way at a campground.
Anyway, plans are still not set in stone (although I am going one way or another.) Sure would be nice to have someone to ride down with. Let me know what you think, anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.