Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trump's lawyer is claiming Trump is above the law. Is it too soon to draw a direct parallel to Tricky Dick? This is pure Tricky Dick Nixon playbook stuff. It sure makes it look like Trump did something he wasn't supposed to do sometime or another, since he wouldn't be claiming to be above the law, or more to the point, the embodiment of the law, unless there was a reason. If he's not channeling Tricky Dick, he's channeling Louis XIV. Our pro-serfdom voters would like the Louis XIV act. Until it all came unglued, which seems to be a near certainty.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
This "new" approach is a pivot from the administration's earlier claim that it simply did not obstruct. Now it's admitting there was an attempt to shut down and investigation but that in doing so, it's not a violation of any law, since it was the chief executive who runs the Justice Department who did it.

Given the particular make-up of this present SCOTUS and more importantly this Congress, it's certainly possible they will dispense with the Nixon/Trump notion that the President is above the law.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think this Congress will do anything that isn't predicated on partisanship and partisan advantage? You are way more optimistic than I am. They are now backing a candidate who is nearly certain to have been a child molester in the past. It's a weird day when I think Mitt Romney, the ultimate tax evader, has some shred of dignity and moral standing, but that's what's happening right now. Same with George W. Bush, who I thought was the American Nero. I'm having to agree with him sometimes these days, too. We live in crazy times.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
You think this Congress will do anything that isn't predicated on partisanship and partisan advantage? You are way more optimistic than I am. They are now backing a candidate who is nearly certain to have been a child molester in the past. It's a weird day when I think Mitt Romney, the ultimate tax evader, has some shred of dignity and moral standing, but that's what's happening right now. Same with George W. Bush, who I thought was the American Nero. I'm having to agree with him sometimes these days, too. We live in crazy times.
LOL... Edited. My "not" was in the wrong place.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Backing a child molester, obstructing justice, it's all good. Just make sure that Paris Hilton can inherit more money and make sure that Donald Trump's tax bill goes down (assuming he doesn't dodge taxes altogether somehow). Coddling the oligarchs and flogging the serfs is all that matters. Now, get back to work, serf! Can't get good help these days...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts