Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Hmm, never had a problem but let's see.

I usually do it at an angle... I line up the tab at the front of the seat while holding the rear of the seat up at about 35 degrees. Slide the tab in, and then lower the seat and push the back down and I hear the little "click" as it locks into place.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check to see if you've bent the white tab. Friend of mine thought he had the seat on and rode it with the tab on top of the slot instead of in it. Bent the tab. Had a devil of a time trying to reshape the tab (sides were bent out) and get it back in. Had to use pliers to reshape it.

I just bend over and watch between the tank and seat to line up the tab as I slide the seat on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put some short curly hairs around mine and I never seem to miss, slides in perfect everytime :D

Skippy :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have to push down pretty hard on the front to get mine to catch before latching it. Been keeping my disc lock in there so I'm getting pretty good at it but I feel your pain my brother. :confused:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Did you try a zip tie?

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seat installation

Mine was not even close to going in the slot. Had to trim the black rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat to allow the tab to drop down low enough to engage the slot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Enygma said:
Hmm, never had a problem but let's see.

I usually do it at an angle... I line up the tab at the front of the seat while holding the rear of the seat up at about 35 degrees. Slide the tab in, and then lower the seat and push the back down and I hear the little "click" as it locks into place.

Hope that helped.
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts