Sport Bikes banner

Travel question about St Charles

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Grusome 
#1 ·
My buddy and I will be riding from Kentucky back to Nebraska in a few weeks. We will be going though St Louis and my buddy wants to stop at the Bass Pro Shop in St Charles. We will proably be looking for a spot to stay overnight somewhere in the area and was wondering if St Charles was a decent/safe place to get a hotel or should we be looking for a different/better place.

Any info or suggestions will be appreciated.

#2 ·
St. Charles is not bad at all. There is a hotel in the same parking lot as the Bass Pro Shop. Off the top of my head I don't know what the hotel chain is but there are several hotels along that section of Interstate 70. If you are coming in from Kentucky you will probably be coming up I 64. Correct? Be sure to plot out a course that takes you around the construction on 64/40. I would suggest that you take 64 to 70 west.

Is there anything else you're interested in doing or seeing while you're in the St. Louis/St. Charles area?

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I was already planning to take 64 to 70 west, but thanks for the heads up on the construction on 64/40.

I doubt we'll be doing much else while we're in town. We'll probably get there somewhere in late afternoon or early evening. We'll probably find something to do that night and then head out before noon the next day. We'll be arriving on Sunday and leaving on Monday (Memorial Day).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.