Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a unique situation right in front of my house. Its about 8:30, sun just went down, and a Harley stops right in front of my house (we live on a little traveled road, so that is a little unusual) So I'm watching him, and he goes to get off his bike, and pulls it over on top of himself. I run out to help him, we put his bike up, and the guy can barely keep himself erect. I asked him 3 times if he was okay to be riding, and he goes "yeah i'm fine, just got a little bit of a buzz going, ya know?" I'm thinking I might take a ride down the road in a few minutes and see if I need to help the guy out of the bushes somewhere (its a twisty road)

It just amazes me because the guy had no business walking, much less riding in the state he was in. Why do people do that?

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
so I can have a job. check my profile. I'm a Harley repairman (or woman in my case) aka a trauma Nurse.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I woulda called the cops and had them go look for him if I hadn't just taken his keys and beat him. I despise drink drivers. :boid

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wouldn't have let him leave or atleast called the cops as soon as he got back on the bike. People shouldn't drink and drive let alone drink and ride.

Wes

·
Registered
56 Posts
People never cease to amaze me. The other day I saw a Hardley in a traffic altercation, he was paying to much attention to the civic he was having a problem with and forgot about the stopped ambulance in front of him. :alky

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I seriously thought about calling the cops, but then it dawned on me he'd know exactly who called, and he obviously knows where I live. Not a risk I felt worth taking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
StumpyNB said:
I seriously thought about calling the cops, but then it dawned on me he'd know exactly who called, and he obviously knows where I live. Not a risk I felt worth taking.
That is if he remembered it in the morning...although calling the cops would do little to change him besides getting him home safe tonight...he'll be back at it again tomorrow. At least you helped him up I guess :dunno

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
StumpyNB said:
It just amazes me because the guy had no business walking, much less riding in the state he was in. Why do people do that?
Pretty simple, under the influence of alcohol, most people lose their common sense. I have found myself in the same plight as you with a friend of mine. If it were a friend, you don't want them to drive,and you don't want to lose them as a friend. On one ocassion, I let a friend of mine drive drunk, and he hit a telephone pole, and wasn't too seriously injured. If he would have hit someone, I would have really been pissed at myself.

Maybe with a stranger, you take the keys and call the cops. I think that is what I would do. Most of don't have a plan for that ocassion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe you coulda left the bike on him or on the ground( idont think i read the post right) and then taken his keys as well as called the cops ..... he wouldve been safe as well as anyone else on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts