Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my fizzer on the side of the road for 4 hours yesterday and someone took a drill to the ignition... That gave me an idea... Has anyone heard of a couple of guys setting a bike out in the open, and waiting a mile down the road in a truck with a pair of binoculars and some baseball bats? I bet it would work if you did it a few days. And it would be satisfying.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Haha, satisfying, sure. But the ass-raping you would get in jail afterwards for pre-meditated attempted murder (if there is such a charge) wouldn't be so satisfying, haha. Believe me I've thought about it, but better judgement prevails.

·
Registered
584 Posts
that actually sounds like fun.

As stated before, sorry about your bike

·
Registered
912 Posts
Jackal79 said:
I left my fizzer on the side of the road for 4 hours yesterday and someone took a drill to the ignition... That gave me an idea... Has anyone heard of a couple of guys setting a bike out in the open, and waiting a mile down the road in a truck with a pair of binoculars and some baseball bats? I bet it would work if you did it a few days. And it would be satisfying.

I'm in let's do it :alky

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I'm all for beating the shit out of bike theives. Take a look at my recent thread, I just may get the opportunity to. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, it has been done. I'm not sure I read about it, but it was basically 3 or 4 guys in England who were sick of people stealing/messing with their bikes. So they left a bike out and were right across the street staked out in a van. Sure enough, a scum bag came by and needless to say he didn't steal any bikes that night :D.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Lok said:
Yeah, it has been done. I'm not sure I read about it, but it was basically 3 or 4 guys in England who were sick of people stealing/messing with their bikes. So they left a bike out and were right across the street staked out in a van. Sure enough, a scum bag came by and needless to say he didn't steal any bikes that night :D.
What happened to the guys that did the stakeout?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
just park it outside of a store, sit in a van and wait. if you beat the thief up just tell the cops you came out of the store to find this scumbag stealing your bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No way would I EVER leave a bike along a busy road. Hell, before you leave why not just leave the key in the ignition and a huge sign that says... FREE!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
actually, I'm not sure. I read it about a year ago, but I doubt the would be thief reported it to the police. Imagine this:

Thief: "I'd like to file charges on 3 men who jumped me while I was trying to steal their bike."

Cop: "OWNED!!"

:D :) :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
The english guys that did it all wore masks, even in front of the reporter guy who wrote up the article. They grabbed the thieft, pulled him into the van and beat the living piss out of him for a while, then dumped him. Forking awesome!

·
Registered
519 Posts
its a great idea...just dont let the thief have any way of identifying you

·
Registered
121 Posts
The police already do it (to a lesser extent). I have seen them set up a stakeout with a mountain bike that was worth $1000+ dollars. When someone tried to steal the decoy bike, they busted their ass for grand theft. Pretty cool if you ask me. I hate theft, especially since we all work so hard to get what we want, just for some trash to steal it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Surrey, which is very close to Vancouver BC, has the highest auto crime rate in Canada. The cops have this car that when the crooks enter it, the entire car locks down and they can't get out. They have a camera in it and film the crooks reaction too. Pretty funny stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
buzzard said:
The police already do it (to a lesser extent). I have seen them set up a stakeout with a mountain bike that was worth $1000+ dollars. When someone tried to steal the decoy bike, they busted their ass for grand theft. Pretty cool if you ask me. I hate theft, especially since we all work so hard to get what we want, just for some trash to steal it.
Yeah I saw that cops episode, I love when they do that :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
cole said:
Surrey, which is very close to Vancouver BC, has the highest auto crime rate in Canada. The cops have this car that when the crooks enter it, the entire car locks down and they can't get out. They have a camera in it and film the crooks reaction too. Pretty funny stuff.

Yep, I live in Seattle and go to Vancouver all the time. Surrey is ghettoeeeee.

But again this whole world is imo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts