Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is constantly posted, but i just can't hold back my elation about this. I am heading down to deal's gap tomorrow for a long weekend and hopefully some good riding. I have been getting everything ready to trailor a buddy's and my bike down and just want to make sure that i am not forgetting anything. Any tips or points would be great so i could check them off my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ride the gap once, slowly. Just cruise down looking for stuff in the corners (oil, sand from truckers, debri, etc.)

Go at your own pace. Tilt your mirrors in so you are not pressured by a rider coming up behind you.

DONT LANE CROSS. If you cross lanes, you are going to fast for your skill level and are riding over your head. You are just asking for trouble, and you arent the only person that will get hurt.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
its only 200 miles from you!!??? if thats accurate RIDE THE BIKE!! LOL

I know I would be there a couple times a month, shit i do 300 miles some days on the weekends anyway!

Got the following in an email froma friend about going to the mountains pertaining to some other roads ( i have heard the gap is pretty busy and can be no fun depending on cops, hazards, other vehicles etc)

When you are up there. There is a road north of Knoxville. Rt116.
Take 129 into Knoxville then jump over to 441. Take that to Lake
City. Shortly after you cross over the dam you will hit Rt116. This is
a side trip that you will not be disappointed in. This road about 30
miles long makes the Dragon run child's plays. While you are at the
store for Deals Gap. Look for a map Called Mad Maps in the store. It
has all of the good loops around the Three States. The one I am
referring to is Called the Devils Triangle. Check it out. This will be
worth your time.

Hope that helps!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
stilzaj said:
I know that this is constantly posted, but i just can't hold back my elation about this. I am heading down to deal's gap tomorrow for a long weekend and hopefully some good riding. I have been getting everything ready to trailor a buddy's and my bike down and just want to make sure that i am not forgetting anything. Any tips or points would be great so i could check them off my list. Thanks.

If you haven't already...check the weather!! It's been shitty in TN for the past few days and they are calling for rain for several days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you plan on visiting Deals Gap, check out http://dcsportbikes.com and read the ride reports of people who have done it. There are some videos, pics, and reports on how rides are. It's pretty popular, and be safe!

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Be sure to hit the skyway a few times. Its has lots of long fast sweeping curves.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trialoring them down b/c of the weather and we are going to be down there from thursday til the 19 so i need more than just two days worth of clothes and what not, plus we are meeting a larger group of people who don't ride. Other wise i would just ride down. Trust me, distance is not a problem on my bike. I use to ride my bike to and from school (Auburn which is in Alabama) all the time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
like said before be carefull the first time or 2. ALOT easier during the week also, weekends get crazy. make sure u don't need to leave anything on the tree of shame.
also watch for killboy
http://killboy.com/

dont freak, when u see him taking pics. turn around and make a couple great passes or 2
Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts