Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

78 west bound is major delays due to a possible fatal at exit 44.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Overturned tractor trailer and garbage truck on route one south bound at at 531/main st (edison area) ... Avoid that area like the plague.

Turnpike has overturned TT and another accident north bound causing delays even onto 78 so I would.avoid there too...

Heavy delays on both areas

Jesus just stay off the roads. Pedestrian accident.

A five bus incident on 80 east bound at edit 42... Two right lanes.closed.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Thanks, Jo!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Jo, does NJ511 allow me to sign up for text alerts about incidents on my usual route? Not that my prior experience gives me a whole lot of faith in ITS. To me, the most intelligent transportation is to take the bike so I can split through traffic jams.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. You can sign up and identify where you are travelling and when and it will text you delays incidents and construction!

Almost.every state has a system like this... And unfortunately ours is very poorly marketed... No one I speak with knows about it at all. It's ridiculous because it isnt a bad system. It isn't *great* but its way better than knowing nothing. And 511 is updated with live updates from someone who can see.or has.access.to the information so the delay is pretty minimal.

I won't have access to all of the state all the time but I figure if there are major lane closures and people happen to be on here for whatever reason there might be something of value. :)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol only.of you aren't driving! Passenger surfing is okay :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts