Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got pulled over in PA on the 23rd of Nov. I sent a payment to the court via mail on the 27th. Today I received a request for my license to be suspended due to not responding to the citation. What happens now? I tried to call the court but they're closed.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
If the check was cashed your bank will show it. Or you could take your check book there and show them the copy from when you wrote the check and hope they will just let you pay then.

Try this before spending money on a lawyer. Go there tomorrow instead of calling them.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Unfortunately I can't go there because I have work, and it's 5 hours away.
Unfortunately, since courts can easily ruin your day, year, life (take your pick) with no accountability to any one else you will have to take the time to get this straight. Obviously, if they cashed the check you should be able to get thus straight fairly easily. If they didn't cash the check you probably should have noticed, but it is possible not to I suppose.

Nevertheless, the longer you wait the more expensive it can get. I'd do something sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Call the registry too. Sometimes these things get crossed in the mail and it might be all set.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
The post office assumes responsibility for its mail does it not?

tell the court house to take it up with the post office of they want your money. In the mean time just keep driving.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts

tell the court house to take it up with the post office of they want your money. In the mean time just keep driving.

OH HELL NO!!

They used to lose 20% of the 3 day priority packs I sent from Maryland to Oregon, and the average delivery was 7 days

Yes, it was bad enough I started tracking them

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

I love people with advice like this...it keeps me busy with new clients in my criminal defense practice.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
That's our state's driver's license provider, the registry of motor vehicles (RMV). When you pay the ticket the court notifies the RMV that the ticket is paid or if not, then they send the intent to suspend the license. There's got to be some similar system in your state.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts

baw ha ha ha ha ha... you made my morning... thanks

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Most banks will show you a transaction history on-line. If the relevant cheque hasn't been cashed, have it voided and sent them another via certified mail. They just want their money, they really don't want to put anyone in jail, that costs money.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
You should really send that through certified mail.
Yeah I can't believe you wouldn't send a check for a ticket certified.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts