Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know about where you live, but around here, people dont give a rats ass about the fast lane rule of thumb. i have stupid ass arrogant, selfish nitwits hoggin the inside lane doing 63 on the interstate. i know they see me coming up behind them, and then they just sit there looking at me, and acting like the road that their shitty ass cage is occupying is their own. i was seriously thinking about haveing "This is the fast lane, asshole" printed on my windsreen backwards so they can read it when i come up behind them.

there are some that get out of the way when they see you coming up, and i wave in appreciation to those select few, but the rest get me so pissed off on the road sometimes that i begin to be a hazard to myself as i am riding angry. anyone else have this problem??

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
all the time I just pass them in the new fast lane wich would be the right lane.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Just move over to the right lane....

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's interesting that on the autobahn you won't get a ticket for speeding (except in certain areas), but you are likely to get one for passing on the right.

I just think they should go out and change all the signs to say "Slower Traffic Keep LEFT" and then we can go back to the regular system of passing on the left (since people apparently just want to do the opposite of what is asked of them).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Theres a few steps I take in a situation like this.
1. Tailgate for a bit
2. Honk and pass
3. Flip the motherf*cker off and make sure he sees you.
4. Get in front of him, slow down.
5. When he switches lanes, so do you.
6. Flip him off again.
7. Bone out

Some people just don't get it. Usually a flicker of the high beams works.

·
Aww cinnamon an' gravy!
107 Posts
murfnamedsmurf said:
It's interesting that on the autobahn you won't get a ticket for speeding (except in certain areas), but you are likely to get one for passing on the right.

I just think they should go out and change all the signs to say "Slower Traffic Keep LEFT" and then we can go back to the regular system of passing on the left (since people apparently just want to do the opposite of what is asked of them).
Heheh, the Germans are very defensive of their right to drive fast and on the autobahn if you arent passing someone you had better get the hell out of the left lane cause theres always gonna be someone going faster. It doesnt matter what speed youre going the left if strictly for passing only and thats the way it should be on our highways. In Germany you get ticketed for driving a shitty car on the autobahn, if ya cant cut it get that crap off the road.
:mad:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Try lanesplitting. :devil

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
mercutio80 said:
These are the little things I just don't understand. Is it so difficult to pass in the other lane?
not for me. but is it so difficult for assholes to pass in the left then go back to the right and cruise at 63mph? left lane is the fast lane, not the pass and go slow lane.

·
Registered
260 Posts
LOl guys its just peoples way to have some sort of control in their lives. Their wives are prolly out having an affair with the boss and they're driving a 1994 station wagon. Just laugh it off as you blow their 7 doors off in the right lane. Everyone needs control, and people take it where they can get it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mercutio80 said:
These are the little things I just don't understand. Is it so difficult to pass in the other lane?
It's not a matter of it being difficult. It's a matter of it being SAFER when everyone passes only on the left. When you have more than two lanes in on direction it gets a lot more crucial. When you have three or four lanes running in the same direction, it helps if there is some sort of structure in regards to relative speed. Without it, people don't slow down - they just weave. It's not a huge deal, but it can lead to easily preventable accidents that otherwise would not have occurred.

It also makes more sense when you consider that on/off-ramps are on the right side. Maybe a slower-moving car merging onto the freeway gets nailed because a speeder "is forced" to pass on the right due to a dumbass in the passing lane. Shouldn't have been speeding - but that same thing could happen within the speed limit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
mercutio80 said:

Not difficult to pass on the right, but technically not legal. You can get a ticket for it as was stated about what happens in Germany.

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
MaXXXiMaNiAc said:
1. Tailgate for a bit
2. Honk and pass
6. Flip him off again.
7. Bone out

I think you don't get it. Tell us that you don't do these stupid, childish things on your motorcycle, otherwise you must have a death wish.

When I am on my motorcycle, car positions on the road are irrelevant as long as they hold their lanes. I can be around them so fast where ever they are, it is like they are not there.

I agree with the rest of you - it would be nice if they followed the simple rules of road we learned in driver's ed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
they do that everywhere, i think people should be ticketed for wrong lane use and TURN SIGNALS not being used moreso than speed. its my experience that speed doesnt cause accidents, its bonehead moves that screw up people who may or may not be going fast. This country needs greater drivers ed. Seriously, some people dont even KNOW the left lane is for passing, they just think its there for additional volume, sorry to make this stereotype, but its generally women and old people(65+)

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
MaXXXiMaNiAc said:
1. Tailgate for a bit
2. Honk and pass
6. Flip him off again.
7. Bone out

I should expect nothing less from someone with alternating caps in their ID.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of flipping folks off, tailgating, or blocking. I will admit to getting some satisfaction by downshifting once or twice, grabbin some throttle, and then passing with a quick flip right and then left. What's really funny is when there are other cars stacked up behind you and a group of about 5 or 6 cars all pass the jackass on the right. That's a clue for you to move over right there and some folks still don't get it, or don't care. The only thing that ticks me off more are the folks that only get up to about 45 on the onramp then try to jump into traffic right in front of someone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mike

·
Registered
283 Posts
People getting out of my way when I'm moving faster than them in the left lane makes me smile.

The only thing cooler than people getting out of the left lane for ya, is when they pull over to the side on a one lane twisty road, and wave ya by, cause they know you're gonna thrash it up.. I figure they probably just want to watch or maybe they just want to make sure I'll be the one getting the ticket.. either way it's very nice.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts