Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, would a trade for a '06 SV650S + a '93 DR350 for a early 2000's KTM Duke 2 and a early 2000's SR 50 be a good deal?

SV650S -
Has a clean KS title. Runs strong, nothing wrong with it. Currently set-up for track/racing but I still have all the street items and they work. I could put it back to street legal mode in a afternoon. It also has a few extra's, brake disks, penske double-clicker, .90 race tech springs + Gold valves, heated grips, large + stock wind screen, and a few other items.

I would most likely take the penske shock off and replace it with the stock shock I have. And take out the gold valves + springs and put a set of .8 progressive springs I have in the forks. I'd basically take out all the goodies and give him a pretty much stock machine.

DR350 -
I bought this DR350 last year summer. Rode it around a friends house for a month and haven't ridden it much since. I thought I'd buy it, ride it, and sell it. But it seems no one wants it. I'm only asking $800, it runs well, almost new tyres, brand new brake pads (front/rear). Has a larger aftermarket tank and a rally seat, but it has no title. It's not stolen, just the title was lost. But it's never going to see public roads (besides gravel roads) so it's not worth getting the title fixed.

The KTM Duke 2 runs well, the rear shock needs to be re-freshed but other then that it's good. Now, the Aprilia SR 50 isn't running currently. He believe it's the ECU took a crap, but he is not 100% sure.

Here is my idea.... The same person has both the KTM and the Aprilia. He is a good friend of mine, I've known him for almost 9 years. He owns a popular local independent motorcycle shop. He does good work, is busy all rear round (even winter, when it's snow and ice on the road). They have five lifts and they always have a motorcycle on them. Plus a ton of bikes waiting.

I was thinking of doing a trade of the SV650 + DR350 for the KTM plus the SR 50. I would ask for the carbs of the KTM + the SR 50 to be cleaned and put back into the machines. Also that the SR 50 be worked on so it runs without a problem...

So, good trade? Bad trade? Idea's? Comments? Recommendations? ha ha

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I wouldn't do the deal if the SR needs work.

Is the SR a pre-ditech model? Sounds like a MotoMorini motor and not the newer Piaggio motor. I have an SR50. It's a ton of fun. The AF1 folks can tell you availability of durability of the Morini motors. I have a Piaggio-powered SR. It's got about a thousand miles and still runs great. I rode it today actually.

Running SR and a Duke 2 (one of my favorite bikes), for an SV and a DR (two other bikes I really like), sounds fair for both sides.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked him, he said he wasn't interested in the SV. But to sell the SV and he'll sell me the Duke 2.

Didn't ask about the DR350.

Anyone want a 2006 SV650S?

Runs well and it's FUN! $3200! :deal

What it looks like in street trim -

sv5.jpg

What it looks like now -

CCS001_112.jpg

My suggestion is to get the Duke by whatever means necessary! Lol
Yea, I really want it. I've ridden it once and it was a LOT of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts