Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well did my 2nd track day ever this last weekend. 1st time really riding the 6 since I broke my hand. And it still felt all natural to me! Special Thanks to Fastrack riders for giving me credit from the last track day I missed due to my broken hand.
Kinda funny that this track day landed on basically around the same time I started riding 1 year ago.

And of course. The obligatory highlights video! :D

Here's some photo goodies:

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
1 year of riding and already on the track! Awesome!
Agreed. Best and most controlled way to truly begin to understand what a bike can be capable of, as well as safest way to improve skillset at an accelerated rate. :)

-Christian

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just curious. Is it that easy to keep a bike up if you enter too hot and push out wide into the grass like that? Most times I see a bike go into the grass they go down?

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Just curious. Is it that easy to keep a bike up if you enter too hot and push out wide into the grass like that? Most times I see a bike go into the grass they go down?
Don't brake (with the front), don't turn. Keep your weight back & on the balls of your feet and use a little rear brake if possible if you need to slow down. Follow that and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not bad. Just get the bike upright and don't touch the brakes. And becareful getting back on the track.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't brake (with the front), don't turn. Keep your weight back & on the balls of your feet and use a little rear brake if possible if you need to slow down. Follow that and you'll be fine.
Its not bad. Just get the bike upright and don't touch the brakes. And becareful getting back on the track.
Hmm interesting. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its the best helmet I've worn ever in my opinion. And it looks good too. heh
It sure does. So light and comfy. Didn't realize how nice the liner was until I had to use my old scorpion for a couple of days it felt so scratchy by comparison. I'm now a suomy fanboi

Fun fact: my spell check wants me to change suomy to sodomy. Would have made for an interesting last sentence.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm really anxious to finally try the brand. Excel (formally the Spec 1R Extreme) in Wall Street graphics should be here by Wed to replace the X-12 I bonked my head in couple months ago.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Track days really are fantastic! I'll be doing my last one of the year at NOLA this weekend. Then come next year, race school. Seriously one of the best things you can do...

other than get genital warts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts